Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 05:12 AM   #1
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Yea. Here is a new one. Think it maybe a bug. REALLY not looking forward to going back to my saved game.... so any idea`s would help.

I was playing Battle Squares. Was kicking some butt. Pulled the lever to go to level 10. Beet the first monster.. Some fire elemental giant. Next this shadow abashi or something named Curmugeon (may be off on the spell) popped in for the next square....
All the sudden that Ice giant or what ever that controlls the game is GONE. Curmugeon chases my guys to the far left side of the level,and into that room directly behind Nicks..(on the other side of his head board).. I beet the critter. Now I am trapped in the room. The door seems to be sealed. In fact..the door doesn`t even read AS a door anymore. There dosn`t seem to be any way out of the room now.

Help!!!

P.S One of my guys isn`t stuck in the room,guess the others out ran him...lol
I took him back to the battle squars room... and the dude that controlls the game is still GONE.... What`s going on?

[ 10-28-2002, 05:14 AM: Message edited by: Lord Corwin ]
Old 10-28-2002, 12:21 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Wow, you have a really weird one there, LC. However, if you don't mind cheating a bit, you may be able to get them out of there by using the cheat console. If you enable the cheat keys, you can use the in-game ctrl-J to jump your characters out of the room.

First, you have to turn on the console from the separate config utility (the one for setting up HOF mode).

Then in the game, hit ctrl-tab to open the console window at the bottom of the screen. Type:

ctrlaltdelete:enablecheatkeys();

Hit return and ctrl-tab to close the console.

Highlight a character. Scroll to somewhere outside that room, and do ctrl-j. The character should be jumped to the cursor position. If it works, do the same with all the other trapped characters.

If this doesn't work, restore to sometime before all this happened, and better luck the next go-round.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 03:53 PM   #3
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

You could also "export" your characters then remove them from your party... then import them back in and they should appear with the guy who is not in the room. That way you wouldnt have to bust out the cheat console.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:26 PM   #4
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Thanks for the help guys.
I was having a bit of a prob with the cheat console. Never used it before,and think I messed up typing in something. Finally wound up loading in a save. At least it wasn`t to far back,I was with Nick... Now I just have to play with the lightning cannon again for a bit,and get some doors back open.
Never did get into one of the rooms above me. That dais`s or altar or what ever confuses the heck out of me.

Think I`ll just get the key from Battle Squares this time and call it a day.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:57 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The one problem with export/import in the same game is that you do lose the info on the last character panel: time with party, monsters killed, strongest killed, etc. Found that out the hard way at the Yuan-Ti temple. Had a paladin in the group

Nightowl2
Old 10-28-2002, 06:08 PM   #6
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Thanks for the info Nightowl2.

I wouldn`t want to export/import and loose all that info. My Thief is a walking Nightmare. I think he has about 33% of the total kills for the Party. And is responsible for taking down some of the BIG baddy`s that I`ve run into so far.

He is good with his blades,but with that Cross bow..... wow. Think I could have taken just him through the game!

The Yuan-Ti temple ? Was there a prob having a Paladin in there? I have one in my party.......
Old 10-28-2002, 06:15 PM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, when you get to the Yuan-Ti temple (that's in chapter 5, so no need to worry yet!), there are two ways in: sneaky and not sneaky. The paladin won't accept the sneaky way.

Of course, there is also invisibility for sneakiness, and that will work, too. But there is a specific way that the game practically throws in your face, that the paladin won't do. It's very stupid.

Nightowl2