Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2000, 08:02 AM   #1
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Hello! My kids leant out my copy of BG1 & TSC (without my permission of course) to a friend ... who has 'lost' it. I remember seeing at a computer store somewhere, what looked like a combo box of both games. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy them that way? Is there a 'collector's edition' or some such out there? Please help ... I really would like to get them to play again.
Also, are they even play-able on a 500mhz computer with directX 7 or higher? Maybe I shouldn't bother if they won't work on my computer ...

Thank you in advance!
bilqis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2000, 08:55 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm. I can't tell from your profile where you are but here in Australia it is definitely available and at a cheap price too. Otherwise try Amazon, they may have it.

And I'm sure it will work just fine on your supercomputer.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2000, 09:31 PM   #3
fool

Yes I bought a combo pack myself and it was around 40-50 bucks.The game had been out a while and it has been even longer now so i'm sure some have to be out there.
As for your comp my 266 plays BG2 well enough for me which is a monster compared to BG1 so it should be a cake walk.
Old 11-22-2000, 06:38 AM   #4
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

Yes there is, Whether it's available on both CD and DVD I don't know. Look for a box thats divided half brown (Baldur's Gate style)on the right side and half grey (Tales of the Sword Coast style) on the left.
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2000, 07:17 PM   #5
purplesage

Hi, Im in the UK and i just bought the double pack in a games shop near me ,so ...yes there is one.
PS
Old 12-06-2000, 07:17 AM   #6
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I probably should have made myself clearer ... I'm in a small town in the U.S.

Thought I'd update you all, just in case someone is interested.

I did find the combo pack. It was priced at about $54 U.S. Luckily, prior to that, I had BOUGHT both BG & TOSC at another store (Best Buy) separately, paying $14 for TOSC and $20 for BG. So I got the better deal.

Thank you for your help.
bilqis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2000, 09:21 PM   #7
purplesage

Hey Bilqis, Why is everyone i meet fighting a harder battle? THX

P Sage