Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Question Mark Question about WWII item -- its a 'peeper' device.. and a batman membership card

My Dad was in WWII (I was born LATE--I'm 39) he passed in 1993.

Anyway, I found a set of what I'd call 'peepers'.. kinda like tiny plastic type scopes that measure 1 inch and expand to 2 inches.. if you look through the scope into the light, you'd see a scantily clad female .... (not nude, but even scantily clad back in the 1940's and 50's was taboo hehe..) Anyone have the name of what they were officially called? My Dad said that servicemen had them and that was their only 'outlet' while on tour. They are brown in color.

Also, looking to sell 2 things on eBay.. I cannot find background info on two things.

1. is a what I believe to be a mid 1960's 'Official Batman Membership Card'

2. Is a vintage Apple Macintosh Key chain that I got in the mid 1990's. It's triangular, and is the rare 'white base' version. I've seen the 'black base' version, but NO WHERE have I seen the white one, or any idea what it is worth.

(Trying to sell some stuff, as I'm broke, and wanna have some money to buy family members for Christmas.. Its so depressing.. BTW, by wrist is STILL fractured, and it didn't heal -- after being in a full right arm/wrist cast for 25 MONTHS!!! So I may have to have surgery and a bone graph... scary because I'm an artist, and if a surgery ruins my ability to draw/work, I don't even want to think what I'd do.. That's my life... my work.. Anyway, here is a pic of the batman card and the apple key chain.. the 'peepers' are in a box somewhere, and don't wanna dig for them now.. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apple and batman.jpg (371.8 KB, 4 views)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Question about WWII item -- its a 'peeper' device.. and a batman membership card

bump

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote