Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-27-2004, 12:27 AM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Woot, I just got ICQ, so anyone who wants to add me is welcome, especially since my contact list is empty and I dont know who has ICQ.
My ICQ Number is : 261-409-832
Anyone can feel free to add me.

Just thought id let you all know
Old 10-27-2004, 02:35 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

Since when do those numbers have hyphens in them? Mine is 255325457
Old 10-27-2004, 02:43 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Sorry, ICQ displayes it like that so I figured thats how it was.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:16 AM   #4
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

i'm curious, why do people use ICQ?
it's completly inferior to the messenger service, and genrally dodgey, well that's my opinion. Also (as i've already said to hivetyrant over msn!) i resent the idea of being reffered to as a number also.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:20 AM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

dunno.. i have my icq old number but i dont use it anymore. heh.

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-27-2004, 03:22 AM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
it's completly inferior to the messenger service, and genrally dodgey
Your just Jelous becuase you have an old, and inferior version. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2004, 03:37 AM   #7
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

I think people use ICQ because you can find different people to chat to on ICQ where as on MSN there are different people to the ICQ people... hopefully that makes sense.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 10-27-2004, 03:51 AM   #8
Lucern
Quintesson

lol, I liked ICQ, particularly when it wasn't trying to be like AIM...

I use a program called Trillian, that lets you use 5 different chat programs simultaneously, so you don't have to bother with logging onto multiple clients (I only use two of them).\

MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, AIM, and IRC are the progs it uses, but of course you have to have accounts for each one already.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:03 AM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Yes, ICQ has different people to MSN. When I used it a few years ago (you might be able to find my number at some forums still), I was constantly talking to people offering me a good time, offering to sell something, and using excessive l33tspeak to the point where it was truly unreadable. And this from people who I didn't know, who I didn't give my number to, and who didn't once call me by name or tell me how they found me. Atleast MSN limits it to people who you gave your address to. And as long as that remains the case, it could even be possible to convince die-hard MS critics that MS has done something right (right being, better than the competition).

By the way, Jarrad, your signature has an erroneous comma, and "I" should be "me". [img]tongue.gif[/img] And I thought you would know better, having posted about Common Errors in English...

Lucern, if you put up with Trillian, you might like GAIM, which lets you do many more things. It even lets you have more than one of each protocol open at once, and it has a tabbed view for conversations. The interface is hard to get used to, but it's good for most things. I don't like how it does IRC (you need to make a separate profile for each server you connect to - /attach isn't recognised), but you can get good IRC clients easily without the all-in-one varieties.

[ 10-27-2004, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
Old 10-27-2004, 06:12 AM   #10
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
270457189 is mine. I rarely use it though - I'm more of an MSN person. I only use it ever now and again to talk to mainland Europeans, who supposedly prefer it.