Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-27-2004, 08:33 AM   #1
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

Hi everyone Its been a while , but ive just got a new system up an running and would like to know if it will run wizards ? ihave an AMD ATHLON (tm) XP 2500+ 1.84GHz 512 ram . Running a Radeon 96XT Edition and im running a EPOX 8RDA3+ mother board and im using Direct X9 and my operating system is XP Professional.
Any help would be a great help . thanks sagtattman
sagtattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:17 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Oh, well. You aren't the first. Check the Tech Tips thread. You will find there a whole chapter concerning running W&W at Winblows Neanderthal Technology.

Basic components of your problems are:
1. NT does not support compressed video. Video in W&W is compressed. You must uncompress it by means of the Virtual Dub program. Otherwise, your W&W won't run at all.
2. Most likely, you must run W&W in the "windows 95 compatibility box". Create a link to deep6.exe from your W&W root directory and check the compatibility box in it.
3. It can also happen that you won't be able to run W&W from the autorun on your CD. In that case, quit the autorun (it is sitting on your toolbar) and start the game from the link created in (2).

This is not all. You will meet bags of other problems. But, luckily, there are people on this forum that are experts in putting W&W in work [img]smile.gif[/img] Note: I am not an expert, I am one of many victims of Neaderthal Technology [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2004, 07:30 AM   #3
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

ok cool thanks radek im not real bright when it comes to stuff like this but ill give it a go. thanks sagtattman
Old 09-28-2004, 10:56 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ahh.... Radek is showing his devilish side now...

Yes, run through Tech Tips for XP suggestions. Follow them all -- they've been developed over extensive play by others, and they do work. I still have a couple of minor issues that I need to work on... I suspect they may be related to installing DirectX 9.0C, but I'm not completely sure. I've had no problems under 9.0B.

If you do run into issues, come on back and post. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:37 AM   #5
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

thanks for all your help . i have tried al the bits in the tech tips virtudub patches etc but the old wizards just dont like my new system so if i want to play it ill have to go back to 98 i spose . or set up new old system ha ha . thanks again . sagtattman
Old 10-05-2004, 09:09 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

How's it misbehaving? We may be able to point you to what needs fixing. Or you could go back to Win98 as well...
-+-+-+
Old 10-08-2004, 06:56 AM   #7
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

ive had a mate run through all the bits from the tech tips and it still locks up and wont let me through to cemetery through gate in the town but i can go out the other gate but then it locks up and i have to restart some times it comes up with deep6 prob . dont know if it makes any sence to anyone but it got way too hard for me thanks sagtattman .
Old 10-08-2004, 10:03 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... Being unable to get through the one gate is directly related to doing virtualdub (or downloading the Codecs). You might want to revisit that...

More later when I can think [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+