Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-15-2004, 09:15 PM   #51
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Ahhhh....I am genuinely happy...! My first grilfriend (don't make fun, I'm legally an adult and have had only one), and my first valentine's day with one turned out nicely, and I didn't even think about the amount of (the m word) that I spent...but I know it was relatively low...spending time together and rediscovering that fluttery feeling was quite enough to make the day positively wonderfull...(closes eyes and daydreams).

Hurrah for V-day!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 02-16-2004, 05:15 PM   #52
quietman1920

Well, I'm married & have kids, so this weekend is a bit harder to make happen. First off, there are very few people who we trust watching the boys, so if we were going out, it wa as a family. But then thats not fair to the young couples who go out for an 'adults only' meal. So...what to do.

Last week, I stopped by her favorite restaurant & got their take-out menu. Now, they won't do takeout on V-day, but they would Friday. So...I coordinated a flower delivery Friday afternoon (boxed roses...she gets angry if we get 'stuck' with another vase) with chocolates and a full take out dinner that I brought home for the family (and a bottle of wine). Friday went well.

Saturday was a disaster. She had to go into work & asked me to delay any outing to Sunday. I gladly agreed and the boys and I watched movies as she worked.

Sunday came and she wanted to go to a Chinese restaurant that we know that we were given a gift certificate for for Christmas. (Thus starts 2 hours of searching the house to find it...which we never did) She was Very upset & didn't want to go there paying full price. I assured her that it will show up eventually and we'll go when it does. Until then, where would she like to eat.

Well, out of my wife's mouth popped a suggestion that I never would have made. Great food, very kid friendly, and we had not eaten there in a Very long time (and never for dinner). What does she suggest (and I would have gotten catcalls if I suggested this)?

Fuddruckers.

http://www.fuddruckers.com/fudds-home.html

The food really is good, its very kid friendly, and they serve both wine and beer. We had a great time...it cost us a fraction of what any other restaurant would have...and the kids Loved it. So yes, where did I take my wife for her Valentine's Dinner...? Fuddruckers...!
Old 02-16-2004, 08:04 PM   #53
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ilander, that's wonderful! Rekindling the spark is so cool! Isn't that fluttery feeling fantastic? [img]smile.gif[/img]

quietman, that's great! A night out with the kids and you actually enjoyed it and had time with your wife, sounds to me like a winning weekend, despite not finding the certificates.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:53 PM   #54
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

OT but I have to say I really admire the way you can take a sincere and honest interest in other people's lives and truly be happy for them Cloudy. [img]smile.gif[/img] I wish I could do that, but maybe I really am just a grouchy git, since if I'm really honest, I don't really care what people I don't even know but "see" on the internet get up to (unless it's funny and/or otherwise out of the ordinary)
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 02-16-2004, 11:21 PM   #55
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

[img]smile.gif[/img] I just like seeing people be happy, I guess... and I hate seeing them be sad or in pain... it was nice to see some people have a good time on a special day!

Maybe I'm just overly sentimental, I don't know. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You have your days, too, Vaskie...you've made more than a few of us chuckle on many occasions! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I had a really relaxing and romantic time on Valentine's day and even though I had...well, still have a million things to do, it was good to spend it with someone I love and I guess I like to share that feeling... Silly, I know... it's the internet.. but if anyone can pick up just a small hint of it.. well, good, I feel it's worth the effort to post [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2004, 07:07 AM   #56
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

aaaaaaaah! You're such a little sweetie aren't you Cloudy? Stop it, you're making me smile and how can I post smartass sarcastic posts like that?

[ 02-17-2004, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 02-17-2004, 09:08 AM   #57
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
aaaaaaaah! You're such a little sweetie aren't you Cloudy? Stop it, you're making me smile and how can I post smartass sarcastic posts like that?
I dunno, try harder? [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img] Give up and admit your'e a nice guy?
Old 02-17-2004, 04:41 PM   #58
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My V-day must consist of a steak dinner with my sweety...among other things

I did get a steak dinner, even though it wasn't with my Pheel ...still waiting for those skittles though [img]tongue.gif[/img]