Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 09:01 AM   #11
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Good ideas. I also found in BG2 and IWD thar a solo Sorcerer was very good. How would that work in this game?
Old 12-24-2005, 01:21 PM   #12
vesselle
Hathor

want to jump right into SoU or HotU, bypassing the OC?

add these 2 lines to your nwnplayer.ini [Game Options]:
CODEWORD=hacktastic
CODEWORD=andiwantapony

V***V

/edit
btw, i dearly love my monk for a loner game.

[ 12-24-2005, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 12-24-2005, 06:02 PM   #13
Nightowl2
Galvatron

No need to mess with ini files with the platinum pack, and likely the diamond as well. Just install all three mods and play the one you want. Although you'll want a high level character for HOTU; I recommend L16. However, first-time buyers should start with the OC anyway.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:23 PM   #14
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I really prefer to start at the beginning. Are the enemies the same every time or were they creative enough to make it random this time?
Old 12-25-2005, 12:00 AM   #15
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The plot remains the same each time you play through, and Hordes will lvl a new char to lvl 15 when you start it, with a new char. I would suggest the OC anyway, to familiarize yourself with the interface, etc. Solo sorcs can do quite well, if built correctly, as can just about any of the classes. Mages may be a bit weak for that, but they can get it done.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 04:49 AM   #16
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Do you loose out on exp when you have more characters in the party?

I seems like multi-class is a must when soloing; would y'all argee?

[ 12-25-2005, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 12-25-2005, 09:44 AM   #17
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, your henchman shares experience with you because he/she advances in level just like you do. However, you have no control of what is chosen when a henchie levels (skills, stat increases, etc.).

And yes, multiclass is definitely the way to go in this game. Keep in mind that, on average, the finishing level in the OC is about 16-17.

SoU starts you over at level 1, with a different story. It is not, sorry to say, a continuation of NWN. You will also not get as high as in the OC.

HOTU is a continuation of SoU and you are expected to bring in the character you had there, though that is not mandatory. Any high-level character will do. This is the game where you finally reach epic levels.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 01:36 PM   #18
Cornbread
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HotU is kind of an exercise in powerbuilding. You get a ton of powerful weapons fairly early in the game and get plenty of chances to upgrade them even more. I played through the first time with the arcane archer/rogue I took through SoU, and built a couple crazy characters to test other times but got bored pretty quick. SoU was pretty cool cuz it gave you evil options every now and then that made it interesting. I had a Lawful-evil half-orc ranger that took human, dwarves, elves and halflings as favored enemies and was hellbent on bringing down civilization as they knew it. It carried around a baby it stole from the beginning of the chapter forever to raise it as his own. Anyways, they are all fun in their own way. I didn't really like the OC that much, I got kinda tired of killing orcs and silly stuff in the second chapter when I felt I should be out slaying demons and stuff. It was still kinda cool though.

Sly
Cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:12 PM   #19
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I decided to download the demo. It looks pretty good! I would like some examples of char. stats. I really hate when when they give you a set number of points. Any way around this?