Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-17-2002, 08:51 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the original thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...10&t=001902&p=

the previous thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=10;t=010983

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

[i]* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner
* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!
* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)
* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Cloudy,
your hostess [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2002, 08:58 AM   #2
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Azred:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by canadianvixen:
[re: Attalus' martinis]...and you do this everyday? No wonder you guys haven't finished that online game yet. LOL...It's all starting to make sense. Here I was thinking all along it was because Micah needed a new pc.

Well...he does! It will probably take another couple of months to finish, if all goes well. That's just how it goes sometimes....

I'm sure Micah said it would only be another couple of weeks.....last May. LOL Where in the world of IWD/HOW/TOL are you?

Ooops sorry Cloudy didn't realize there was a second cafe up already when I posted.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:05 AM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Actually, I think Micah's PC has a lot more to do with it, since I drink in the evening and play in the morning. Though, maybe a Bloody would help during all of those frozen cutscenes.
Azred, glad to hear that the gov't is finally doing something right.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:14 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Azred I think I missed something. I am glad you got the license, but err.. what's it for? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Canadianvixen, no worries! How are you liking IWD? I LOVE IT that game and am enjoying IWD2 quite a bit.

Morning, Attalus!
Old 09-17-2002, 09:23 AM   #5
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
[Canadianvixen, no worries! How are you liking IWD? I LOVE IT that game and am enjoying IWD2 quite a bit.[/QB]
I finished IWD a few months ago. Well almost I got right to the last battle but ended without any weapons and spells that just wouldn't do the trick. Not even Micah could help me come up with a plan that work. We tried EVERYTHING. I just don't have the patience to do it all over again. I've bought IWD2, but I've promised mylself I'm not going to play it until I finish Morrowind. (I love that game) However, at the rate I'm going through that game I should be starting IWD2 sometime in oh....2004. LOL

Quote:
Oriniginally posted by Attalus:
Actually, I think Micah's PC has a lot more to do with it, since I drink in the evening and play in the morning. Though, maybe a Bloody would help during all of those frozen cutscenes.
Azred, glad to hear that the gov't is finally doing something right.
The last I'd heard from Micah he still didn't have his new pc but was getting it soon. So hopefully it won't be too much longer. Where are you on your game now? A Bloody might help the cutscenes, but is it really a wise idea to drink and cast magic? Those magic spells gone astray can have dire consequences.

Well I'm off to a breakfast date. Bye for now.

edit: end quote

[ 09-17-2002, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: canadianvixen ]
Old 09-17-2002, 09:25 AM   #6
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Afternoon, all, half-day today
It's my mate's birthday soon and I just bought her a load of stuff....but one of my close freinds has gone to germany to be with her family-her 6 month old nephew died of cot death last Saturday. I just want her to know if she logs on that I miss her and I'm sorry to here about her nephew

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:25 AM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good morning, Cloudy. I like IWD all right for MP, but not for single player. That's why I haven't bought IWDII, yet. I'm playing BGII again. Sigh, Viconia.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:22 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh Attalus, I love IWD for both! In fact, I Finished IWD several times in both manner of play but BG2 is still waiting, despite the fact I've started several multiplays with it AND had 3 or 4 single starts going!

I think IWD2 is pretty good so far. Difficult enough to be challenging and great music.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:24 AM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Canadianvixen: Yikes! You couldn't beat the final battle in IWD? Or was it HoW? I've managed (by the seat of my pants!) to do the IWD one a few times but have only tackled HoW a few times and then got Trials of the Luremaster so I'm on that last battle then will do HoW's again...hopefully I can whup the bad guys!
Old 09-17-2002, 10:32 AM   #10
MagiK

Morning all [img]smile.gif[/img]

So having problems with the endgame in IWD? I don't recall it being that hard...but then I maxed out every character by the time I got to it so....

Morrowwind....jeez, that game is huge, I quit playing it till I can devote some serious time to it this winter. Playing with Age of Wonders 2 right now to get my strategy fix [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyhoooo did I remember to say good morning?