Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 06-29-2002, 12:35 PM   #1
Nerull
Lord Ao

I have recently heard that you can destroy the pillar after you kill the yuan-ti in the warrens. I started anew (missed a lot of stuff the first time around), and am now back there at the glowing pillar. I have right-clicked on/around/near the damn glowing thing, and it will not give me the option to bash. Do I have to do it before I kill the yuan-ti? If not, where do I bash it at?

Also, where do you get an emerald to get into the tomb in the graveyard? See what I mean when I said I missed a lot the first time around?
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 12:39 PM   #2
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

you just destroy the pillar next tio yuan ti then kill her other than that no you dont need a emerald to get into graveyard you need to go thru the cult house. or alternate route just cant think of it right now.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 12:46 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by theifprowess:
you just destroy the pillar next tio yuan ti then kill her other than that no you dont need a emerald to get into graveyard you need to go thru the cult house. or alternate route just cant think of it right now.
Let me be more specific about the tomb. I'm talking about the quest you get from Oleff, where there is a tomb in each of the districts. The book from the Peninsula district states that you need to put an emerald in the chest by the door. I've found the tomb, but I do not have an emerald.

Hmm...when I entered the room with the yuan-ti, she came running from off screen, so I have no idea which pillar/area she was next to.
Otherwise, that would have been a signal for me.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 06-29-2002, 01:40 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Nerull I think thats a bug, LadyZ and myself werent able to destroy it either. As you say, nothing to indicate what to smash. Its only a 200 exp anyway. Sucks but oh well. As for the other question you dont put an emerald in the chest. Have you recovered the 3 artifacts from the Never quest? Put a certain one in the chest
Old 06-29-2002, 01:42 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Nerull I think thats a bug, LadyZ and myself werent able to destroy it either. As you say, nothing to indicate what to smash. Its only a 200 exp anyway. Sucks but oh well. As for the other question you dont put an emerald in the chest. Have you recovered the 3 artifacts from the Never quest? Put a certain one in the chest
Yep, I got them. I wonder why the book states to put an emerald in there. I'll play with it and figure it out. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem. At least it gives you credit for finishing the quest...
Old 06-29-2002, 01:56 PM   #6
Nerull
Lord Ao

Hmm...I just downloaded the update, and when I went back in, it killed the light that was still there (i.e. now it's no longer active). Weird.

I was reading the text wrong. It was saying that an emerald was needed to get in the Peninsula district tomb (i.e. that's what the priest did to get in there to begin with). The clue I was finding there was for that tomb. Duh!

Thanks for the help!
Old 06-29-2002, 02:16 PM   #7
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Does anyonr know how to get into the little house in the graveyard?And I'm also looking for the tombs,havn't found any yet but completed the 4 elements and waiting to do the ritual so I can finish a few quests..John
Old 06-29-2002, 04:01 PM   #8
Tomas Darknite
Dungeon Master

SPOILER
You destroy the alter by right clicking your character and using bash.
to get in the tomb you have to solve the chest riddle by the tomb door, by placing an artifact from the never quest in the chest.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
"`Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.'
`Very deep,' said Arthur, `you should send that in to the "Reader's Digest". They've got a page for people like you.'"
Old 06-29-2002, 07:09 PM   #9
AndyG
Elminster

To get the quest for the tombs, talk to Oleff. From the main temple where Aribeth is, go through one of the side doors. He will be in there. Talk to him and he will give you quest. It starts in the Peninsula district, then takes you to the other three. You should be able to follow the instructions he gives you from there.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 07:37 PM   #10
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomas Darknite:
You destroy the alter by right clicking your character and using bash.
to get in the tomb you have to solve the chest riddle by the tomb door, by placing an artifact from the never quest in the chest.
I know how to destroy the altar; that's what I was trying to do. There are now two other people who have admitted to having the same problem as I have (Lord of Alcohol and LadyZ). We all tried to bash the thing, and it wouldn't give us that option. When I installed the update, the thing was already shut off when I loaded my save game. That's what was weird; it was like I bashed it without bashing it (and got no xp for it, either ).

My problem with the tomb was that I was reading the book found at the first sight wrong. The thing about the emerald, I thought, applied to the next sight in the graveyard (because it said it was the inscription found in the Peninsula). However, it WAS the inscription found in the Peninsula district; an emerald needed to be used to get into the tomb IN THE PENINSULA DISTRICT. In other words, the priests already working in the Peninsula district had to sacrifice an emerald to get into the (now opened) tomb, and the other pieces you find there are the keys to get you into the other 3 tombs. I just was trying to figure it out on my own, and got stumped based upon what I was reading (or actually, what I was reading wrong... [img]smile.gif[/img] ).