Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 01:42 AM   #1
AlexNev
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello. Sorry for my English. It’s terrible.
I lake wizardry series very match. Its one of my favorites CRPG (W7, W8- wonderful).
But now I get (its difficult) a Wizards & Warriors.
It’s got too. But problem what I have 2 CD, but don’t have manual ( man who sold me game lost it), and all magic spells and statistic its one big secret for me. Do you no were I can download it?.
Or get list of spells.
I need it very match.
Thank you for answer.
Good bay.
AlexNev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:36 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

I don't know where to get the manual but I can provide you some basic information [img]smile.gif[/img]

First of all, there are 6 magic schools in W&W. The spells in the magic schools are divided into spell levels. You can learn spells of a particular spell level if your character level and your corresponding "...craft" skill is enough high.
Enough high means the following:
- Your character level must not be lower than the spell lewel.
- Your "...craft" skill level must not be lower than the (a) spell level in case of "natural magic schools" and (b) 2x spell level in case of "foreign magic school".
Natural magic schools:

Warrior - none
Thief - none
Mage - Fire and Stone
Priest - Vine and Spirit

Paladin - Spirit
Ranger - Vine
Warlock - all
Barbarian - none
Ninja - Moon
Bard - Moon
Samurai - Fire
Monk - Spirit

Assassin - Fiend and Moon
Valkyrie - Stone and Spirit
Zenmaster - all

Here is a list of most useful spells and their effects: Note that all spells in W&W are "ranged", there are no "touch" or "area around caster" spells in W&W.

Fire
- Flamedrop(2) - Hits continuously by a small amount of damage. Can be cast from the gound under the water
- Illuminate(3) - The only usable source of light in the game.
- Flamestrike(3) - Area-effect spell causing higher damage than Burn.
- Burning Haze(5) - Like Flamedrop but much stronger.
- Incinerate(6) - Causes huge damage to a single target. A "must have" in later stages of the game, where you encounter flying monsters.
- Firestorm(7) - One of the most devastating spell in the game. Area effect.

Stone
- Elemental Blast(3) - Like Flamestrike but stone-based.
- Negate Magic(4) - Destroys magic defenses of the target. A "must have" in later stages of the game - against Myrathian Wisps, Myr Mystics, and Twisted Nixies, when they cast Reflect Damage.
- Merlin's Shield(5) - A "must have" spell, which boosts your magic resistance to the [/i]most[/i] of spells in the game. The boost is huge (with enough high Sorcery).
- Lightning(5) - Causes high damage to a single target.
- Lavawalk(6) - Allows you to walk lava and also pass fires without being hurt.
- Meteorstorm(7) - Like Firestorm but stone-based.

Moon
- Spectral Raven(3) - Like Flamestrike. This spell is the best one among the level 3 area effect spells.
- Vanish(6) - Teleports you to a certain distance in the direction you are looking currently. Also, it can teleport your opponents away from you. A source of trucks of tricks in the game
- Create portal(6) and Teleport(6) - Creates a "portal", to which you can teleport later by the Teleport spell.
- Call of Home(7) - Teleports you to the town, which you have visited most recently. Cannot be cast in dungeons, only in the "wilderness".
- Icestrom(7) - Like Firestorm but not as good as Firestrom or Meteorstorm.

Fiend
- Frenzy(4) - Cast on yourself. You will inflict double damage by any melee weapon but you will also get double damage from any melee weapon.
- Demonic Fist(4) - Causes good fiend-based damage to a single target.

Spirit
- Spirit Eye(2) - Reveals monsters and objects on your map. Red dots are monsters, white dots are items, chests, levers and similar objects. The drawback of this spell is that it shows all buterflies, rats, birds and similar harmless fauna as "monsters".
- Great Heal(3) - a good healing spell.
- Dispell Undead(3) - Causes huge damage to undeads. The effect of the spell increases quickly with Sorcery. At high Sorcery, the spell is "resist it or die" in fact.
- Heroic Might(4) - improves your fighting abilities significantly. Even a mage can fight very well if he is affected by this spell.
- Restore Health(6) - Heals a single target completely and also removes fear, sleep, nausea, and similar affections.
- Exorcism(7) - heals curses caused by magic. The spell cannot remove cursed items and void their effects.

Vine
- Haste(2) - Increases your overall speed.
- Pry(3) - The "open" spell. Cast it on chests and locks. If the lock is trapped and the spell fails then the trap will be triggered.
- Cure Poison(4) - A "must have" spell, which cures all poisonings.
- Disarm Trap(5) - Like Pry but much stronger. Also, if the spell fails then the trap is usually not triggered.
- Cure(6) - The only spell in the game, which can cure diseases. It also cures a lot of other adverse affections. A "must have" spell.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:01 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome, AlexNev. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I believe the manual is also contained on one of the 2 cd-roms if you look carefully. I am not sure, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Furthermore our best tips pages contain loads of information. [img]smile.gif[/img]

A full list of the spells and their effects can be seen here on a page made by one of our regular board members. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2005, 08:30 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, AlexNev!!!

You should find a manual on one of the game CDs for W&W. You'll also find lots of help here so please feel free to ask!

Do let us know how your game is going too!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:27 AM   #5
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Yeah there right about that. If you go into your Wizards & Warriors folder there should be a manual in there. If not just print Radek's spell list out.

Welcome to the board and hope you find the Manual
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
AlexNev
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you very match.
After work I look on CD.
But i looked before, and faind nothing.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:28 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, AlexNev! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] May your sorcerous skills soon come to brilliance in the Gael Serran.

It may not be visible on the CD. I did a full install and there is a file called manual.html in the W&W directory. That contains the entire manual, and is around 346k in size. Look there for it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:49 PM   #8
AlexNev
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all! I founed it.
Its wonderful game.
Very good RPG this exellent atmosphere.
But i want ask.
In thot magic book (spirit, sun, moon, stone...)is
identification spell (I spend a loot of money? not good for me but good for blacksmith)?

I dont found this spell in manual.

Now I have a goog mage, thank you.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:19 PM   #9
jsalsb
Elminster

Hello AlexNev...

to quote Wyvern from the archives (posted 26 March, 2002):

To learn to identify items yourself, you need to raise your wizard's guild level to 3 and learn ANCIENT LORE and ARTIFACTS. Increasing your artifacts skill will allow your character to identify more important items.

Hope that helps!

Wyv

Old 02-16-2005, 03:43 AM   #10
Radek
Red Dragon

Some details [img]smile.gif[/img]

(1) Not only Mages Guild but also Temple teaches the Ancient Lore trait and the Artifacts skill. Both of them will be offered to you once you reach guild level 3.
(2) Most likely, the Artifacts skill will be the first "trait needed" skill you will meet. The "trait needed" skills want you to get the corresponding trait first. In the case of the Artifact skill, it is the Ancient Lore trait.
Warlocks get the trait when they become warlocks. The others must buy the trait first. Therefore, when you reach guild level 3 and when you aren't a warlock, then the guild will offer you only the "Ancinent Lore" trait. Buy it, and the icon of the teached skill will change to "Artifacts". Level up and you can start learning the skill.
(3) Recommended levels of the Artifacts skill:
- Valeia region - Artifacts 5, it allows you to identify almost everything in Valeia, including ankhs.
- Ishad N'Ha region - Artifacts 7.
- Brimloch Roon region - Artifacts 12.