Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-21-2001, 02:36 PM   #1
Tuor
Elminster

And how did you do it?

It took me 28 days 4 hours with a predominantly fighter party-just Aerie and later a dual class fighter/mage, lots of healing potions and not gallavanting off to do all the sub quests.

The final battle was a complete bugger though because I missed out the Underdark, sahaugin city, and all the sub quests except trademeet and nalias keep.
Old 09-21-2001, 02:52 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

*cough* *cough*

You cannot skip the Underdark... ... you can rush through it though.

For me, I do all the quests, Imoen's a tough girl, she can rough it out for a couple hundred days while I run through the meadows.

Completing SoA, 150-160 days at the moment.
Old 09-21-2001, 03:11 PM   #3
Tuor
Elminster

By skip the underdark I mean straight through the Koa-Tua bit up to the surface
Old 09-21-2001, 04:51 PM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I completed ALL side quests & stronghold quests -only except Mazzy's- and it took my 90 days 06 hours. I had to skip time about day 68 in order to complete all stronghold quests.

------------------
"Not for your eyes only, also for your beautiful ears.."

Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan "Diamond Fighter of Aerie Lovers Sacred Band"
Old 09-21-2001, 05:32 PM   #5
Tuor
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
I completed ALL side quests & stronghold quests -only except Mazzy's- and it took my 90 days 06 hours. I had to skip time about day 68 in order to complete all stronghold quests.

That is very impressive. My only problem is my party is in absolutely no fit state to go on to ToB because I'll get my arse kicked...
Old 09-21-2001, 06:17 PM   #6
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

after all, its not an important thing in my opinion it doesnt really matters. I like to walk around visit cities like a wanderer buying selling. But I dont rest very much that's why its low.

------------------
"Not for your eyes only, also for your beautiful ears.."

Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan "Diamond Fighter of Aerie Lovers Sacred Band"
Old 09-21-2001, 09:45 PM   #7
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

probably about an average of 110 days, doing all the quests naturally.

------------------

Within the jungle of my deepest emotion,
With a coat resplendant in a golden sheen,
Swiftly hunting my tender love,
Stalks the regal, Feline Queen
Old 09-21-2001, 09:57 PM   #8
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

About 70+ days for me.

I didn't do all the quests in Ust Natha, cos I was so terrified that I would be exposed and unable to get out in time... I was never so tensed in the game as when I was in that city (didn't even find out where the drow merchants were!) and completing Phaere's/Matron's Ardulace's quests. All those 3 days-3 days deadlines were an immense strain on the nerves

Other than that, I think I should have covered all major quests (skipped 2 of the additional new areas, only went to Elven City) though. Left Watcher's Keep for TOB.

The problem with doing all the quests in my case was that I wanted to stick to the 2,950,000 exp cap so that I could say proudly that I still managed to win the game without exceeding the cap. Unfortunately, even after leaving out minor quests, I still burst it and got all those high level abilities.
Old 09-23-2001, 05:23 PM   #9
Kitty
Manshoon

144 days in game time. 6-7 months (about 210 days) in real time. And missing a lot of subquests such as the Twisted Rune and Jaheira's harper quest in my first time through BG. Didn't manage to get Crom Fayer either.
All this delay was due to lack of free time...