Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-02-2004, 01:34 PM   #31
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
If something seems too good to be true, then generally it isn't
And if something has to say "No Scam" it usually is.

[ 11-02-2004, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 11-02-2004, 02:53 PM   #32
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I seriously dont understand why Ziroc had to censor the website. I want to get an Ipod too. I did a google search for the site but couldnt find it. Can anyone tell me?

I dont think it's scam because the guy said it isn't. And there is the list of users who have already received theirs. Besides, the worst that can happen is that I wont receive anything. What's to lose?

I'm joking! Wonder how many will see this hidden text.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:02 PM   #33
dplax
Jack Burton

You can lose that the site installs viruses and spyware on your computer.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:04 PM   #34
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Well there are hints... First of all, it's the guys first post, adn that by itself is a dead giveaway of a scam. Give me your e-mail address? It's signing up to your daily dose of SPAM. And some SPAM organisations/people/degenerates actually share their addresses. Would you like your account full of penis enlargement, lose weight, become a millionaire and all the rest of the SPAM family? Don't think so. Next, try contacting any one of the actual recievers fo teh free iPod, they either don't exist, or are employees of the company, Road Runner in this case. Third, the risk of recieving advertisement, spyware SPAM and other generally bad stuff is enough to make you not even click the MORONIC URL.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:09 PM   #35
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Well there are hints... First of all, it's the guys first post, adn that by itself is a dead giveaway of a scam. Give me your e-mail address? It's signing up to your daily dose of SPAM. And some SPAM organisations/people/degenerates actually share their addresses. Would you like your account full of penis enlargement, lose weight, become a millionaire and all the rest of the SPAM family? Don't think so. Next, try contacting any one of the actual recievers fo teh free iPod, they either don't exist, or are employees of the company, Road Runner in this case. Third, the risk of recieving advertisement, spyware SPAM and other generally bad stuff is enough to make you not even click the MORONIC URL.
Go go gadget hidden text!
Old 11-02-2004, 03:10 PM   #36
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Is he the same guy that post the 2 dubious post at Miscellaneous CRPG forum? His posts are still there.
That user is called stevens and isn't the same one. His posts are pretty stupid though also.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:24 PM   #37
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Grojlach, I'm affraid my puny intellect can not comprehend the meaning of your post. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Would you care to explain so that my unenlightened mind can understand the wisdom of your words? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-02-2004, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 11-02-2004, 03:43 PM   #38
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Grojlach, I'm affraid my puny intellect can not comprehend the meaning of your post. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Would you care to explain so that my unenlightened mind can understand the wisdom of your words? [img]smile.gif[/img]
You were responding to ZFR, right? Maybe you should check his post more thoroughly...
Old 11-02-2004, 04:04 PM   #39
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
I seriously dont understand why Ziroc had to censor the website. I want to get an Ipod too. I did a google search for the site but couldnt find it. Can anyone tell me?

I dont think it's scam because the guy said it isn't. And there is the list of users who have already received theirs. Besides, the worst that can happen is that I wont receive anything. What's to lose?

I'm joking! Wonder how many will see this hidden text.
Hidden Text or not, [img]smile.gif[/img] Ever hear of the saying "A sucker is born every minute"? Don't be that sucker. It IS a scam, I have investigated these things.

[ 11-02-2004, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 11-02-2004, 04:16 PM   #40
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Is he the same guy that post the 2 dubious post at Miscellaneous CRPG forum? His posts are still there.
Damn it! Missed that one! THANK YOU Kakero for letting us know. I am getting sick of this, and I'm seriously thinking of looking into legal ways to combat this new form of spamming. I blocked his ENTIRE IP subnet too--this was the same frick that created an account last week. I banned his exact IP that time. If I have to ban his ENTIRE 61.44.xx.xx I will.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album