Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2003, 10:40 AM   #31
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Hmm yeah I also have to say that's a bad stereotype Arledrian - you assuming all we do is play computer games and drink beer. Personally I'm also a sports freak besides doing that stuff. Like today I played badminton for 1.5 hours then straight afterwards had a 2.5 hour martial arts training session. 4 hours of sport today - nice Am completely knackered...

err sorry that was OT - anyway, Sir K I have to say I completely disagree with the whole idea of body-building - why would you want to do it unless you want to enter a strong man competition and weigh 300 pounds? Don't get me wrong, I go to the gym for at least 3 hours a week (besides playing 5 hours of badminton and 4 hours of martial arts) but I do light weight high rep excercises (toning) - an athletic body is much more desirable than a big heaving mass who can bench press a huge weight but has no endurance or agility. And girls like the athletic body too Besides, you still build strength when toning just not as quickly as with high weight low rep. High weight low rep is also bad cos you build this huge mass up but when you stop training it'll turn to flab. I mean when you're old like 50 or 60, you'll eventually stop and then you'll have this great bulk that you will have to diet to get rid of as all the muscle shrivels.

I believe that excercises using your own body weight are best - so I do a lot of chin-ups and presups - this builds strength amazingly as well -
To each their own Vaskey! A heaving bulky mass with no agility is a stereotype and simply not true though. Gaining muscle does not hinder agility or flexibility. You lose a little potential for high speed agility and sprint acceleration as you get heavier due to inertia, but you'd be surprised. Hand-eye coordination, foot-eye coordination, and flexibility are unaffected. There is no such thing as training for "tone" and not muscle. You can gain muscle, gain aerobic endurance, and lose body fat. Training in combinations of these three to varying degrees gives you the different body types. The big clumsy OX you're referring to usually has significant body fat along with the muscle and puts a lot less effort into aerobic exercise, stretching exercise, and sports that improve coordination. Just like you put less effort into the muscle building. That doesn't mean anyones wrong. It's all a matter of preference, potential, and how much time and effort you have available.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:19 AM   #32
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

BUMP.....................

OK! A couple weeks have passed. How does everyone like it? Is it different from your normal routine?