Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-31-2001, 12:39 AM   #1
Draconia

Hello Everyone that owns a dog! I need some help. I will explain first what happened then if anyone could help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.
I found a puppy on the side of the road one day. When I found her, she was only a month old. I felt really bad and I couldn't just leave her there. I did post signs all over town and no one claimed her so we are keeping her. Which is good because I have fallen in love with her. She is great. Anywho, she is my first inside dog. I have cats in the house which they get along great. My big cat and her are best friends already. That's not the problem. heehee.
Ok, how do I potty train a dog??? I have never had an inside dog before and I have no idea how to potty train her. Give me a cat to potty train and I can do it but not a dog. I don't know if what I have tried is making it worse.
PLEASE!!!!!! Someone help me. I don't want to get rid of her and I don't want her to become an outside dog. I want her inside with me. She is a really great dog and she gets along great with my one cat and my kids. I was told if I don't get her potty trained and back in the house, then she has to go. She is outside for now because I work and she chews up everything, including my walls. So please, if anyone can help me, I would love it. I love my doggy and I want to keep her. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 10-31-2001, 01:27 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Hmm... well if I were you put him in oneplace for a whil coz he it too young to be potty trained...

After a month or so or even two weeks, after he getsused to you guys, then that's the time to train him...

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Once Upon A Paper
Old 10-31-2001, 01:43 AM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Yeah, Bahamut is right. check out www.dogbreedinfo.com it has some some stuff about it I think.

BTW: Do you know what kind of dog it is?

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester and Spam Monitor of Laughing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!

[This message has been edited by Grand-Ranger (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old 10-31-2001, 03:23 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well the easiest way is to be around, as soon as she starts walking in circles starting that squat thing, lift her outside, and when she pees outside, tell her she is a good dog. Make the dog feel bad if peeing inside the house, have to catch her doing it, teling bad puppy until she is outside, then immediate good puppy.

If she has peed already in the house, not much to do. After a couple of months she will know what is right to do and she will tell you when she needs to get outside.

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-31-2001, 03:49 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

each time she pees, take her outside right after she is DONE
do it again and again and again

until she get used to the smell, grass, wind, dirt...

then, what you can do more is, each time BEFORE you open the door to get her out, say a word "bathroom" or "pee" or whatever, but be consistant

she will know eventually, good luck
Old 10-31-2001, 04:03 AM   #6
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Another good thing to do is have a feeding and water schedule. Do both at certain times of the day. Know that a few hours after they eat or drink they will have to go. They also have to go after waking or playing. When you take the pup out, repeat the command 'Go Out' over and over and give tons of praise when they do. You may also want to invest in a crate for when you are gone or at night. A small cage that allows the pup to move around, but is small enough so that if they go, they will be in very close proximity with their waste. Animals don't like to deficate where they sleep. Just don't leave it in there unless you are gone or asleep. Good Luck!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-31-2001, 10:05 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yes Liliara's right also. Schedule their meals... remember, give them and milk and such, but I strongly recommend you going to a vet for more info... but then here's our advice.

Anyways, Now you have those scheduled, it will even take miinutes the least. Wolfgir's right saying when they go in circles and squat or whatever, but they are puppies keep in mind, meaning they still cannot control their bladder (same with old age) and will just pop before you even come near 'em. Can't scold them yet coz they are puppies! Puppies...

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Once Upon A Paper