Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-31-2001, 04:25 PM   #1
Charean
Hathor

This is the hardest post I hope I ever write.

I wanted to let you all know how very much I have appreciated all of you in the last couple of weeks. There have been times that I wondered how I was going to get through the day without you guys and gals on the boards – for you have been my salvation and my joy.

There is no good way to say this – but my husband and I are splitting up. So I am going back to driving 18-wheelers cross-country to get my head on straight and to make a living. (I have been a housewife for the last two years… going back to work will be interesting for me!) Because I am going back on the truck, my presence here will be sporadic at best – but I can post some of my adventures if you like. Being a woman and driving a rig causes a commotion in some places in this country, in spite of the fact that there are quite a few women driving nowadays!!

I will have email on the truck and will keep in touch as much as possible…

I would especially like to thank Azure Wolf, Accord and Sir Tainly for entertaining me so much and making me smile when I didn’t think I was up to it – all of you are absolutely wonderful and helped me enormously in getting through the last week especially! Thanks to Bilqis, Reeka, and Relic for listening to me when I wanted to pull the rest of my hair out. You three know how much you mean to me! Thank you Wolfgir, for getting my mind back on the big picture with our philosophical discussions! A special place in my heart for Zeeke and KdogRex… you both are totally wonderful. And thank you Memnoch, for noticing when I came back (that really did mean a lot to me) and just being there…

Thank you all – the ones I did not mention – for being there and being such a wonderful group of people to hang with and chat with… I want you all to know how grateful I am to you.

I will be around off and on until June 17th or so – that is when I go to training for getting back to driving… been about 6 years since I was over the road… and I am a bit rusty…I will be traveling the 48 states and Canada… so I will be around – and hide yourselves if I end up in your neighborhood!!

All of you – Take Care, God Bless and Thank You for just being here… it has meant a great deal to me.

Jo

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Old 05-31-2001, 04:28 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Best of luck to you.

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Old 05-31-2001, 04:35 PM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

wow... that must be hard.

but we with ye! and you are not alone... and something better will happen... i remember those times we had at the moons hope... aye.... see you! fare thee well, jo

Ryan

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 05-31-2001, 04:40 PM   #4
Melusorick!
The Magister

Charean, I am so sorry this has befallen you. Though your situation is vastly different from mine, I do know the pain of separation, and certainly do not wish it on anyone. I simply wish for you strength, clarity, inner peace and a calm acceptance as well as the strength to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I hope you find distraction, find meaning, find new people, new ideas, new entertainment that gives you joy and new hope. Though we have differing worldviews know that I'll pray for you in my own way that you pull through.

Take care of yourself.

Hugh (Yorick)

Jo,

I really don't know what to say expect that my thoughts are and will be with you, and that I really hope you'll manage to get your life "back on track "...
I'll never be as eloquent as our Bard but I heartily agree with his words...
Take care!!
Sarah/Melusine

------------------
Old 05-31-2001, 04:50 PM   #5
Moiraine
Anubis

That's our Bard. How can we mere mortals possibly say anything after he has come here ?

I wish you the very best, Jo. Sometimes in life, surprises are good ones, I wish you as many of these as possible. Take care. I look forward to talk to you from time to time. And I regret that there is an ocean between you and me, and that trucks don't float.

And ... SHOW 'EM ALL !!! You are the very best truck-driver ever !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 05-31-2001, 04:52 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Best of luck Jo, you have my best wishes!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-31-2001, 04:55 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Charean/Jo:

Although I've only been able to converse a bit with you, I will miss your presence here as well. Please do keep in touch with us and let us know how you are faring. Do they have Internet hookups at truckstops?

Thank you for helping make this forum such a wonderful place. I am sorry for what you're having to go through. Hopefully something much better will open up for you. My thoughts and prayers go with you.

Peace and blessings,

Old 05-31-2001, 04:57 PM   #8
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Jo,

Anytime, you know that. We'll be in touch.

All my best.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-31-2001, 04:59 PM   #9
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Good luck to you. We will miss you.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 05-31-2001, 04:59 PM   #10
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Jo,

As much as I know about the current situation you are in, reading this post has still brought tears to my eyes. You most definitely have a special place in my heart, and it is not one that anyone else will be able to fill.

I know that you will "clear your head" as you put it, and things will definitely take a turn for the positive for you. If not, someone is going to have to answer to me, and an angry Ranger/Paladin can be a scary thing!!!

Know that you are in my heart and I will be thinking of you and hoping you the best. We've shared many wonderful conversations, and I hope that you being on the road does not bring those to an end.

Take care and be safe.

Brad

------------------

Protector and Defender of Nature
Awake, Aware and Loving Life to the best of my abilities