Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 07-09-2004, 01:48 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

Yay, I got Neverwinter Nights AND BOTH the Expansion packs for it! The only NwN experience I've had was when the game was first released and I was disappointed at the official campaign.

Oh boy- oh boy! What should I do!? I read that adding an expansion pack adds content to current official campaigns.

I'm really confused as to what to try first! I read that that there's a large Community Expansion pack that adds lots of content! Then there's the IW mod! I don't wish to start the official campaign of the original, so I think I'll begin with the SoU campaign. But should I install the second expansion pack now? Maybe I should install only NwN + SoU first, so the HotU features would be more exciting when I start with that campaign? When should I install the CEP, anyway!?

Oh boy, I'm so excited! Any opinions are welcome!
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:14 PM   #2
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Ooooh, nice! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

The CEP is a big download, I'd recommend using a download manager for it unless you have a fast connection. You need the CEP if you want to play Big Z's mod. I would play EfU, but I don't have Hordes of the Underdark .

If you want to play the expansion pack additions, you'll have to start a new character at level 1 -- veeery hard. You're supposed to do NWN and export your character to continue (I think )

Well, some more experienced NWN players should have more info for you.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:26 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

HotU is a continuation of SoU, story-wise. As it was intended, though:

NWN OC => HotU
SoU => HotU

If you take your character from the original campaign to SoU, everything'll be too easy.

[ 07-09-2004, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:32 PM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

Yeah, well, like I said, I do not intend to play the official campaign. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

If HotU is a continuation of SoU, then I think I'll install that one too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

A question though: If I install CEP, will the new content be available in the official campaigns? For example, will the new weapon types be available at shops and will enemies drop them? And what do you think, should I install it before playing the campaign?

Thanks for posting! [img]smile.gif[/img]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 07:11 PM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

By default the CEP additions will not be part of the original campains. There is a script or import somewhere ( try the Bioware forums) that allows you to import CEP content into the original campains.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:28 PM   #6
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I personally enjoyed the OC but SoU was better IMO. There are some great "Bridge Modules" that you can download for free made by the community that will level your character from 13 (about where your PC ends at Sou's conclusion) and brings it to level 15 where your character begins in HotU (and where you will be automatically leveled to if you are not 15th). The Nether Scrolls by Paper Monk is an excellent one.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 05:05 AM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

hrmmm, the game doesn't actually "automatically" level you unless you choose to do it that way.

i've started new chars several times and i've always had the option of going thru each and every level and designing my char the way i wanted her, from level 1 thru level 15 or whatever the cutoff point is for each expansion/campaign.

at no time did i feel that i wasn't playing a character i had brought thru the early campaigns on my own. [img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V

ps: nothin' against the bridge modules, but they are mostly for a character that is quite a few levels below the level recommended for whichever expansion you want to play.

i just prefer levelling up at the beginning of each expansion the way the it was designed.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:37 AM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

The bridging modules cover the ranges level 13-15. Most people finish SoU at level 13 and 15 is the recommended level to start HotU.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:54 AM   #9
Spracks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So Nanobyte, you are saying that you should start with a new character for SoU?
Spracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 11:33 AM   #10
Tyrion
Quintesson

he most certainly is