Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2001, 01:44 AM   #1
Draconia

(Ah but things have been amazing here since then. Pretty much each night I've been in Union square with guys from the church. I've sung in the park, talked, discussed, hugged and done my little bit to help people heal. The friendships I've made have been strengthened immeasurably as we pull together. So much emotion is here. The effort people put into creating memorials of dedication. Candles by the thousands, flags, flowers, photos, art, messages, even bibles, statues and toys are often left out in intricate designs. Such love and poigniant beauty borne from destruction and heartache.) Yorick's words

I have to apologize for not responding to what you had told me the last time I was here. I had taken a sleeping pill and I was waiting for it to kick in and it kicked in and so I went to bed without looking for any reply from you. I am so sorry about. I have seen alot of the efforts of people and I find it very touching. My husband and I are trying to find a way to help. We already have some ideas but now it's deciding which ones would be the best to do. You are experiences some really wonderful things as the closeness of friends becomes so much more. My husband and I talked about if we lived closer to NY then we would be there doing whatever we could to help. Even if it means just holding a stranger's hand to give some kind of comfort. It is nice to know that there are so many people out there are so willing to help out.
I know that I don't get here very often. Things are pretty crazy around here anymore and I have to take sleeping pills now. Night time for me is the best time for me to get online because my kids are asleep. I miss everyone. I miss chatting with everyone and I miss getting to know new people. I did plan on coming back more often but that got shot down by my husband. Long story and too much of something that makes me very upset. The doc told me that I have insomnia so it's time for me to start sleeping. I do like the pills I am taking but it's makes it really hard for me to do anything when they finally kick in.
Which they are starting to kick in now. Well, there is so much in my life that has also kept me from coming here. Too many things and I don't know how to share them and my feelings about stuff and there is so much else going on in the world. I don't need to put any of my insignficant crap out there when there are so many people suffering so much more than me.I pray for those people every night, I pray for the families and the rescue workers. I have not been keeping up with the news so I really don't know what has been going on. I was pretty upset with my son's school. My son is only 6 yrs old and they told him what happened. I am sorry but son is waaaaaaaay too young to understand what happened and why it happened. Then we had a candle prayer and he was told about it. He thought he was going to a funeral. My child is way too young to understand this stuff.So I won't watch any kind of news that is talking about what has happened. I really wish that they hadn't told the kids as young as my son. I was told that some of the kids were having horrible nightmares. Ok, I am going to stop now because I will go off on this subject. Kids should not have nightmares at 6. My son has never had one and I hope he doesn't ever get one until he is able to understand how things are.
Well Yorick, I am glad that you have been able to help as much as you can. It sounds like things are going well with you. That is wonderful sweetie. I will try to stop in again soon. I hope you get to see this. I mostly rambled but I think that was the meds. Take care Yorick. (((((((HUGS))))))

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 09-27-2001, 02:45 AM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Oh Draconia sweet sister. No matter when you make it on here, be assured there are people who care about you, eager to read how you're doing. Look after yourself my girl. Vanessa took sleeping tablets for a while so I am familiar with some of the effects.

I know you'd help out more were you closer, but you know what? You have already helped a New Yorker feel a little bit better about the world simply by posting and letting him know you're doing o.k.
Sleep well, rest well, talk soon.

Love

Hugh

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 09-27-2001).]
Old 09-27-2001, 03:27 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Draconia sweet Draconia, nothing about you is to be relataed to as insignificant! I for one, enjoy every brief encounter with you here. I hope that life treats you well and that you have followed the story! As it is now, your character are soon to appear!

I hope that everything is ok, and if it isn´t yet, well I hope they will be!

BIG hugsies!

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-27-2001, 03:33 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

it is not insignificant. if it is your problem then it is important to you because you are important.

there is not much I can say about it, just that, I want you to know that I know someone who is having hard time sharing her feelings. it is OK, Draconia, time will heal everything. and I am so glad that you have a wonderful family to be your support, to share your emotions.

my best wishs, and God Bless

Old 09-27-2001, 06:38 AM   #5
Epona
Zartan

Draconia, just agreeing with others that nothing our dear dragon lady is going through is insignificant.
Insomnia is pretty horrible - I have had it on and off for most of my life so know what it's like to feel 'frayed around the edges' - which is the best way I can think of to describe the feeling of continued lack of sleep. Good that that pills are helping - I've never tried them as fortunately my own problems are sporadic and I find herbal remedies helpful when I am going through a sleepless patch.
Whatever your problems, I know you will come through and cope - you are strong, brave and good-hearted. Take care, and even if you can't be here often, know that your friends are thinking of you.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 09-27-2001, 10:31 AM   #6
Draconia

All of you are so wonderful. I cannot express how much your words mean to me. I don't know what to say. It's nice to know that I have such wonderful friends here and that you guys care so much. Sometimes I feel like no one cares and it's hard to go thru the day feeling that way. Now my day will be brighter reading your words. ((((HUGS))) To all of you. Thank you so much for being my friends. Take care everyone and I will hopefully try to stop later today.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 09-27-2001, 04:20 PM   #7
Moiraine
Anubis

Draconia, dear Dragon Queen, of course we care. Like you, I couldn't come here much of late, busy at work, busy at home, and I know damn well how it feels to have insomnia (haven't slept at all last night because of problems at work , so I'm a bit fuzzy myself right now), but you are in my heart and will stay there, be sure of it.

Take care.

------------------

The world is my oyster !

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 09-27-2001).]
Old 09-27-2001, 05:55 PM   #8
Epona
Zartan

Draconia, biggest, biggest (((((HUGS))))) for you!
You are in my thoughts!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."