Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2002, 11:13 AM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I love the RPG's in the FR world but I sure would like someone to do a series in the World of Greyhawk. The intrigue alone due to factions, royal insanity, kidnapping, blackmail, and good old Iuz has possibilities that are almost endless. Anyone who has ever played in this world via the old Pencil & Paper play knows what I mean. FR has its Sword Coast. What about Greyhawk's Wild Coast? Can you imagine an excusion into the Sea of Dust? Talk about potential! Go back and check out the map, read the glossary, study the govenmental alignments, i.e., Iron League. So, any takers? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-02-2002, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Albromor ]
Old 05-02-2002, 11:19 AM   #2
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

Greyhawk kicks a$$ my fellow believer!
I would love to play a greyhawk rpg, either pencil & paper or a computer game, because greyhawk ROCKS!!!!!
YEAH!!!!
Old 05-02-2002, 11:30 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

In that case, you guys will love Gord's Greyhawk.

I've been recently rereading some of Gygax's Greyhawk Adventures books - thay're not brilliant, but they're very D&D.

Old 05-02-2002, 02:08 PM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Ahhhh! It is good to know that there are Greyhawk fans out there! I love that world. By the way, Sauceman, every once in a great while my brother, brother-in-law and I get together and play the old 1st rule edition of the game that fit so well with Greyhawk. And Memnoch I read a number of the Gord novels years ago. I agree that they aren't the greatest of writings but they were D&D as you say and a whole lot of fun through and through. The problem is that a) I don't know what happened to my copies and b) I could never find the novels that came later. Since Greyhawk is now the default world for the 3E rules, do you think the new owners of AD&D might be pondering a possible RPG or two set in this world? One could only hope!
Old 05-02-2002, 03:04 PM   #5
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Heh, I still have the boxed edition of Greyhawk, box and all
Long live Gord the gutless (as he was named in his youth) he sure showed them..