Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2001, 08:38 PM   #1
JimJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My character is a neutral good half-elf Fighter/Mage/Cleric. I have the De'Arnise Keep. I screwed up and told the Temple of Lathander that I wasn't sure I wanted to work for them after the Cult of the Eyeless quest and can now never get the opportunity to have that stronghold (this is my 1st time playing the game and I was stupid). I have never found a Mage Stronghold quest. I have seen in threads about Staff of Magi and a Mage stronghold but have no idea when or where this begins. Please help.
Old 08-10-2001, 08:50 PM   #2
Tananda
Elminster

Made stronghold is Planar Sphere located in Slums. To get it you need to complete Valygar's quest. I do not wish to give details here, trying to avoid undesirable spoilers .

Good luck,
Tanda

Oh my, that smile on top of my reply... My mistake, just the wrong smile. It had to be simple "".

[This message has been edited by Tananda (edited 08-10-2001).]
Old 08-10-2001, 08:54 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

If you already have the De'Arnise keep as your stronghold, I think that's it. Unless I missed something, you can have only one stronghold. De'Arnise comes pretty early on; it's a cash cow but the SH quests afterward are only moderately interesting.

Your character would have had to decline Nalia's offer for De'Arnise to be able to get the Priest stronghold or the Mage stronghold.

Old 08-10-2001, 09:11 PM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

yes its true you cannot have more than 1 stronghold unless you do a dual class fighter/mage or something and then use a little loophole. The staff of the magi is not made at the mage stronghold however (thats the staff of power). staff of the magi is off a monster so you can still get that.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:15 PM   #5
JimJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for info everyone, but I've already finished planar sphere. No offer of a stronghold came. It seems like it would because I did get offered the Clerics stronghold and I already had Nalia's keep.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:18 PM   #6
deathknight
Drow Warrior

I also had a fighter/mage/cleric and I was not offered mage stronghold when I already had the fighter stronghold. No idea if you experienced a bug or something with the cleric stronghold but it was intended that you can only have 1 stronghold. Only through a loophole can you get multiples.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:35 PM   #7
Tananda
Elminster

It is possible to have multi- stronholds in some games (bug, may be). A friend of mine had two strongholds with his fighter/mage (without any intervention in normal game process). Howewer, I cannot give an example from my own experience since I prefer single-classes.
As to the Planar Sphere, if I'm not mistaken it is not enough simply to complete it, one should speak to those knights in Sphere (correct me, if I'm wrong, I did it lo-ong ago).
Old 08-11-2001, 12:23 AM   #8
deathknight
Drow Warrior

yeah it definatly is possible if you use a trick to do it. once you get the fighter stronghold though it is to late to use the trick.