Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2001, 09:20 AM   #11
tequila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I concur with the portraits being better in IWD. They cannot be used in BG right? As far as having to know AD&D, I played many moons ago, but never much magic. Most of what I picked up came from experience in the game and reading many posts here. You can learn so much from people here. It is a great resource.

ps, dont listen to the people who cheat. hacking and console play really spoils it all.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:37 AM   #12
Hesperex

why don't u just extract the portraits from iwd and use them in BB/BG2 then.

or go to www.teamgb.com and go to their portraits section and select iwd portraits and the lovely people have already done all the work for you, just dl them and put them in your bg2 portraits directory.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

[This message has been edited by Hesperex (edited 07-26-2001).]

Old 08-10-2001, 03:00 AM   #13
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Try Torment, the plot is MUCH better than BG2 (better than most books). Its pretty linear at the end but there is no "rush". However, it isn't a game you can really play over&over. I have played BG2/TOB many times & Torment once, I am going to purchase BG1/TOS and go throug to TOB w/ a char..
Old 08-10-2001, 05:58 AM   #14
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Torment is truly an experience. I've played BG1 BG2 IWD and torment (only finished BG2 so far), and torment is definately the coolest idea, implementation, voices, graphics, writing, and ... CHARACTERS! I mean, the characters are the coolest I've ever seen in any game! D'akkon, Morte, Fallen-From-Grace, and the main char, Nameless ... The list goes on, they are just damn cool, and so much fun to roleplay.
Old 08-10-2001, 06:08 AM   #15
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Yeah Torment is really a huge game..one that you can take your time on. Its story is so immersive and there are so many different things to do and discover..incredible when you sit back and think about it.
It takes a heck of a long time to start up though..the opening is really slow.

------------------
Why?
Old 08-10-2001, 06:53 PM   #16
ScottG
Drow Warrior

There is also a lot of insightfull wisdom in the dialog (paticularly between the nameless-one and Dakon) & the plot.

Can a game make you a better person? If there is such a game its Torment.

(and yes it is very slowgoing at first and can be somewhat intimidating)
Old 08-10-2001, 07:03 PM   #17
ScottG
Drow Warrior

on a more "base" level you have Shena Easton's voice for your main-squeeze - hubahuba (in the back of my mind singing "Strut-out, put-it-out, thats what you want from women").

and the nameless-one's voice (the guy that plays Jerod on The Pretender) - very cool.

perhaps the best line in ANY game:
Upon ressurection exlaiming dourly, "Uggggghhhh, feels like I've been strained through someone's bowels." A statement that aptly describes how I feel 20% of the time after waking-up.
Old 08-10-2001, 08:57 PM   #18
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottG:
There is also a lot of insightfull wisdom in the dialog (paticularly between the nameless-one and Dakon) & the plot.

I am very much glad I'm not the only person to think so. When I did the whole D'akkon's 'circle' quest (dialouges after you become a mage and look at d'akkon's circle he carries), I was in shock at just how thought-provoking and cool the whole mini-story of D'akkon's race pans out.

IMO it's the best RPG the PC has ever seen, and I've played most of the notables since Might and Magic 2. Hmm, all this talk is giving me an urge to reinstall it...

I