Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-21-2001, 05:43 PM   #11
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

Please excuse me if I find it rather pathetic, if one can actually be OFFENDED by the font of some text.
Old 07-21-2001, 05:52 PM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by IntrospectiveIdeals:
Please excuse me if I find it rather pathetic, if one can actually be OFFENDED by the font of some text.
Well you must remember, upper-casing is used to indicate shouting or for emphasise on a particular word, as you have just shown with your 'OFFENDED' word.

There is a difference between say,

"What do you think." as compared to "WHAT DO YOU THINK."

Proper usage of upper-casing has always been an unwritten rule in world of the Internet. While not strictly enforced, it is encouraged.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.
Old 07-21-2001, 05:55 PM   #13
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Yeah Ok I don't see why CAPS LOCK bothers people, but seeing as it does I will stop.

*drys tear from eye*

*sniff*....you're a godsend, you really are.... ignore the caps-lock non beleivers!

------------------
Old 07-21-2001, 06:03 PM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
*drys tear from eye*
*sniff*....you're a godsend, you really are.... ignore the caps-lock non beleivers!
Unfortunately, I find no sarcasm in your post.

------------------
Old 07-21-2001, 06:08 PM   #15
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Jerome is another caps-lock believer.. He is simply encouraging Intro to continue his old ways.
Old 07-21-2001, 06:15 PM   #16
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Long time tradition carried over from the old board...ignore me....i'm just revelling in past glories

They diddn't call me the Caps-Lock King for nothing

------------------
Old 07-22-2001, 03:44 AM   #17
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

I have already said I will stop it, so don't worry about that. But I think the way that person said he found them rather sad.

Saying he will never read a post in caps lock

And that he is offended by it

Come on do you ever get outside?/
Old 07-22-2001, 04:03 AM   #18
The Black Panda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hahaha where did this thread lead to? a simple question about "figher abilities" to internet etiquette? You never know what you'll find in these forums haha!
Old 07-22-2001, 05:07 AM   #19
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
I have already said I will stop it, so don't worry about that. But I think the way that person said he found them rather sad.
Saying he will never read a post in caps lock
And that he is offended by it
Come on do you ever get outside?/
Oh I do occasionally read posts in Caps Lock, usually for the first time, in case the person is really shouting for good reason.

Not so much offended, but annoyed.

And yes, I do get outside, I do not like to buy my games online.

------------------
Old 07-22-2001, 05:23 AM   #20
Tuor
Elminster

Returning to the topic at hand (smile).

Intro your character sounds fine to me to do just about any quest you want.How did you get to minus 7 thaco????

I'd just like to take issue with whowever posted saying with proper tactics you can beat any quest in the game.

It is simply not true if you play the game without shadow keeping. You try the windspear hills or the eyeless cult quests at 7th/8th level and you'll see what I mean. The first time I played the game not knowing how hard each mission was relatively they were the first two I did.

I spent the whole of both quests reloading and resaving because characters died with alarming frequency. Of course using tactics like firing area of effect spells at enemies you can't see helps but you still face a crucial spells and equipment shortage.