Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2002, 04:56 PM   #1
dale
Manshoon

I am getting near the end game-- Have two of the three objects and ready for Riff and AP. I'm thinking whether or not I might try another run after I finish this one.

How many people have gone through more than once?

What did you change the second time and why?

Did you do things in a different order and why?

===
I have a ranger, Val, Sam, Lord, Bard and mage.

If I go again, I will definitely keep the bard and the ranger. I will want to try out a bishop. I'm contemplating Gadgeteer and Ninja. I expect to pick up RFS and Vi and run them both for as much of the game as I can. I'm contemplating a Psonic or another bishop.

One thing I will do differently is to go to Mt. Gigas much sooner. By the time I got there, it was almost too easy and there are some decent books to be found.
Old 03-08-2002, 06:48 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I've sent over 20 parties on their way, of which four have actually finished. Some configurations just didn't please me. Or I'd start up a group, consider something after awhile, and start a new one.

I've done things in different orders, and skipped some entirely, just to see how much of a change there would be (little or none, as it turns out).

Most of my parties picked up RFS, though not all of them (especially the most recent; I know the game well enough by now that an extra hand isn't necessary). Only bothered briefly with other NPC's; didn't like that "can't go there" attitude of most of them

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 08:20 PM   #3
AliCat
Drow Warrior

I'm in the middle of my second game, and am plotting out a party for a third game in the dull moments. I have changed party members (role and race) every time to see what each does. My next party will have neither bard nor gadgeteer, for variety, although I do prefer the bard. I haven't changed the order I do things at all, just how I approach fights, and am changing who I align with. Plus, the first time I played, I never found a way into the rapax away camp or into the treasury... and into a few other places that I'm experiencing for the first time this time. I figure I'll also choose other endings at the cosmic circle as well.
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 11:34 AM   #4
Throg
Dungeon Master

I'm planning on playing several more games. In my current game, I've allied with the Umpani; I'll probably do one game with the T'Rang, and one with both alliances. But my major reason for replaying will be to use the professions and races that I didn't use in my first team. And I thought I'd try a "weenie" team - all faeries, no natural fighters: mage, psionic, priest, alchemist, gadgeteer, and bard.
Old 03-09-2002, 02:11 PM   #5
Mage_77
Manshoon

Ive completed the game about 9 times but have closer to 30 starts (quite a few findign a party i enjoyed when first got Wiz 8). Reason ive finished so many times is ive tried various group combinations of races/classes, also ive tried various group sizes being either from solo - a 6 party group.
Old 03-09-2002, 06:12 PM   #6
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I'm on my second with a party of four (Dwarf Lord, Faerie Ninja, Hobbit Bard, Human Bishop). Taking my time.
Old 03-09-2002, 09:34 PM   #7
DraconisRex

Grrrrr..... Maybe 25 to 30. Played every race. Every class. Weird race/class combos. Dual classing. Align here. Align there.

Now I'm just dualing (since you can't solo without an RPC and I'm tired of giving away the experience). Two humans. Lord. Ranger. Working well, have finished everything in Arnika. Gone back with the wheel key. Headed to Hamsters-in-the-trees-ton.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 10:34 PM   #8
reep
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have composed 5 partys, of which 3 made it actually through to the end. not counting several attempts which i broke off while still in the monastery.
reep is offline   Reply With Quote