Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 01-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #1
Betelgeuse
Zhentarim Guard

Arrow

its happened twice now and at pretty much the same spot, so i have good reason to believe that the game is somehow causing the pc to reset. i've never had anything do this before.
when i approach the south side of the harbourmaster's building (i think - trying to remember from when i played it last), i can get part way around the corner to the south side, then bam - reset. quite annoying. any ideas of cause or solutions?
Old 01-07-2006, 11:53 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Wild guess: There's a named commoner in that area (name of Kerrachus, I believe), who approaches you and gives you some background gossip. What might be happening is that the game is told to have Kerrachus go up to a perty member and initiate conversation, but for some reason the game forgot to put Kerrachus there in the first place. (Why Biff the Understudy doesn't show up, I don't know.)

Test: Send a party member who can Stealth to explore out the area, to check out what happens when nobody can see you.

If worst comes to worst, simply avoid that area for now, then start a new game and see if the same thing happens in that one.