Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-11-2001, 04:05 PM   #1
LSRVIKING
The Magister

I finally beat Draconis but I lowered game difficulty to novice. I feel lame. Anyway im fighting Melisant. What a Crazy Whore and i thought draconis was hard! Should of killed her in Saradush for being too nosy. I guess its time to head to watchers keep. Also is would be funny if your main character was evil and scared vikang on purpose and he teleported into hell and gets chased by demons.
LSRVIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2001, 04:18 PM   #2
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

Ahh don't feel bad man. Draconis is a difficult opponent.

When my thief scout saw him alone, we did a double take. What? One little guy? Alone? Oh well. And we trotted along all stealthed to do a backstab as usual. Imagine that? Trying to take out Draconis with one thief?
If I hadn't dropped a couple snares along the advance, he'd never have made it back to the party alive!
Robin, Thief of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2001, 04:20 PM   #3
Tancred
White Dragon

You wuss! (LOL)

Ah, never mind. You'll be able to put the lessons you learned to good use if you fight him again, right?
Tancred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2001, 07:19 PM   #4
LSRVIKING
The Magister

Thats it Im starting the game over with normal difficulty and hoepfully my new evil party will kick Draconis's ass. Besides im tired of being a goody goody Paladin. I might be a mage or sorcerer I dont know. Ive always played as a fighter because I cant picture myself otherwise. Any suggestions on what to be? A monk? A cleric?
Old 08-11-2001, 10:40 PM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

haha, Draconis was an absoloute freaking killer than minced me for like ten times before i finally killed him with my party and out of 6 there were only two of us left, good thing though that i could cast planatar to ressurect the rest of my party members

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2001, 11:25 PM   #6
Encard
Quintesson

Am I just extremely lucky or something? I killed both Drconis and Mellissan without relaoding once, and I killed Draconis without any non-standard boss battle prep... just a few summons, LOT of Greater Whirlwinds, and a Horrid Wilting... And I didn't find Melissan herself (except for possibly the last time) all that hard. The guardians of the last pool of Bhaal essenence (or whatever that thing was, can't be sure) were harder, I think. I must just be very lucky...

------------------
Bow down to the Weasels of Apocalypse! RaBid Fruit Trees! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Miniature Exploding Demonic Demons of Doom, Death and Desruction!
:1drgat1:
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 01:23 AM   #7
LSRVIKING
The Magister

You might be lucky or highly skilled at this game or have an awesome party I dont know. When I killed Draconis on novice difficulty that was luck lol.
Old 08-12-2001, 10:47 AM   #8
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

I found there is a HUGE difference between playing on normal and hard difficulty settings (insane didn't seem any tougher than hard though).
I remember the first time through ToB I played on normal and I killed Draconis, Abazigal, Balthazar, Ravager and Mellisan twice without reloading and only resting once (after fighting Draconis). but by the third battle with Mellisan I had run out of all summoning spells and found it a bit hard to beat her the third time without any pets on my side. so I just reloaded before entering the Throne of Blood and rested for one final time. after that she went down four times in a row without any problems.

next time I played on hard difficulty and got my ass handed to me some five or six times by Draconis Abazigal wasn't much easier either. I even had to reload the Balthazar fight once, because Nalia got stunned and than permanently killed before I could do anything about it.
but Mellisan was still a piece of cake...

after that, playing on insane was actually a bit easier since I knew exactly what to expect in every fight.

[This message has been edited by frudi_x (edited 08-12-2001).]
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 05:06 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Dude, next time put a spoiler warning on posts like these ok? And make your title more specific. You just released the major spoiler of the end game for anyone who reads your title "Damn" and clicks on it out of curiosity.

I don't want you to get flamed by less-tolerant members for what looks like an honest oversight on your part.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 07:28 AM   #10
Vampire

Quite Hardies:

the Imprisoned one
Amyellisan
the Ravager
the Slayer??
Monk guy
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote