Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2003, 04:34 AM   #1
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Question Mark

Seeing as i'm in work and don't have me manual with me (well not today anyway...), how often do characters gain weapon proficiency points?, and does the type of player the character is affect how often they gain them? ie. does a fighter gain them more quickly than say a mage or thief?
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
ShadowChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 04:55 AM   #2
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

I think a fighter gains one every three rounds, a mage every six and a thief every 4 or 5. Not sure though, this is just what I seem to recall from the player's handbook from my d&d days. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2003, 05:00 AM   #3
ShadowChild
Manshoon

I shall have to have a look when i've got the manual, instead of being lazy and asking everyone else [img]redface.gif[/img] ) - i'm only really getting started on BG2 after finishing BG1.

I've got the Flail you get from the D'Arnise Stronghold, and Anomen is currently using it, but he hasn't got a Flail proficiency, just tryin to figure out how long it'll be till he gains proficiency points so i can use the flail without any penalties......oooh i don't suppose anyone knows if there is another club to be had...as in not the normal crappy wooden club?...
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
Old 02-25-2003, 05:09 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

From memory,
Warriors gain 1 prof point every 2 levels;
Rogues gain 1 prof point every 4 levels;
Wizards gain 1 prof point every 8 levels.

Don`t take my word for it, though - I could be drastically wrong. [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 05:41 AM   #5
Fiend
Manshoon

IIRC, the thief and cleric get 1* every 6 lvls although my 25 lvl swash has 8.
Btw, what do u do when you cant put the points anywhere? my 24 lvl monk has 2 spaces left, dont know what to do with the points when ive filled everything up.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:44 AM   #6
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Well if they are just going spare....can i have them? for a small fee of course...half a badger and a button sounds about right!
Old 02-25-2003, 05:45 AM   #7
lasher
Dungeon Master

IIRC, fighter 1* every 3 lvls, mage 1* every 6 lvls, the other 1* every 4 lvls
lasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 05:51 AM   #8
Fiend
Manshoon

Make that 2 buttons and youve got a deal
Old 02-25-2003, 05:53 AM   #9
ShadowChild
Manshoon

How about one big shiney button? i need the other two buttons to repair my jerkin!
Old 02-25-2003, 05:59 AM   #10
Fiend
Manshoon

Ok, you win. as long as you throw in some thread to sow it on to the corthala family armour!