Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-10-2001, 12:32 AM   #1
Sparkle Tom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A friend and I have over a month invested here, and it appears we're screwed by cross-purpose quests. Any help is appreciated ... we REALLY don't want to start from scratch.

The problem: We're stuck in Chapter III. It appears Bodhi's quest is the problem, and shame on Black Isle if this is a bug.

We agreed to her quest when we bumped into her in the graveyard ... after being invited by messenger. Quest = nab the cargo at the docks. Well it isn't there. I fear this is the SAME cargo that we protected when we were in service to the T Guild ... with Mook on the landing .. you got me?

To further complicate things - our arrival at the docks was predictably met with violence by the T Guild. Well, we'd switched alliances so this was met with horrible violence on our part. I don't recall killing Renal, in fact don't think we ran into him this trip to the docks, but I seem to remember going below and killing the other guy (Aral?). We just laid waste to everyone in the place as they were attacking us .. I recall no talkers.

So .. here we are. No quests except the Paladin quest (Bridge dist.) and ticked-off Harpers that have threatened Jah. I wonder ... have we blocked off all ways of reckoning with Bohdi? She still thinks there's cargo and has admonished us for days to go fetch it. Again, I think we attended to that cargo with the T Guild as our boss. Sigh ... BTW, our trip to the Harper house on Docks map yeilded no opponents (we'd cleared it ages ago).

Other things that come to mind:

In the current state, attacking Bodhi is met with instant group death via movie.

Can't seem to use "staking" on the Vampire coffins, unsure if they were all killed during our adventures.

That's all I can think of. Thanks for any advice.

S*T
Old 08-10-2001, 06:28 PM   #2
Deathbecomesyou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i dont remember having any trouble with her evil quest
but if it dont seem to be working for you, just use the shadow editor to add the item into your inventory
Old 08-10-2001, 08:08 PM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Question: Are you saying that you have done both, and worked for Aran Linvail, and Bohdi? I haven't run across that, if so. I have always had one preclude the other, wrong word maybe, but if you chose to pay Gaelan(?), then any meeting with Bohdi would have been hostile. I was under the impression that you could do one or the other, but not both. Laying out a lot of gold that way! But if you are, and you protected that shipment, then it's already safely distributed amongst the thieves, and ShadowKeeper is your only recourse. Just one more thought, on the off chance, but have you been going at night? OH, and welcome to the boards.

------------------
"...and that's the
bottom line, 'cause Robert the Bard says so!"
Robert the Bard TLH

[This message has been edited by robertthebard (edited 08-10-2001).]
Old 08-11-2001, 03:05 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You can't agree to both quests. If you were able to do so then it's definitely a bug.

------------------
Old 08-11-2001, 03:07 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
You can't agree to both quests. If you were able to do so then it's definitely a bug.

Also, this is an SoA question, so I'll move it to the BG2 forum, ok?

------------------
Old 08-11-2001, 04:01 PM   #6
Sparkle Tom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Question: Are you saying that you have done both, and worked for Aran Linvail, and Bohdi? I haven't run across that, if so. I have always had one preclude the other, wrong word maybe, but if you chose to pay Gaelan(?), then any meeting with Bohdi would have been hostile. I was under the impression that you could do one or the other, but not both. Laying out a lot of gold that way! But if you are, and you protected that shipment, then it's already safely distributed amongst the thieves, and ShadowKeeper is your only recourse. Just one more thought, on the off chance, but have you been going at night? OH, and welcome to the boards.

Thank you for that welcome, and thanks to everyone for their input. I'm going to try the suggestion that uses debug mode w/ create item. Hope it works.

Just to assure anyone with doubts, we DID get both sides of the cargo mission and it IS a game-halting ordeal. In the list of "fixes" the new patch is supposed to address I found what MAY be the culprit ... and which will keep others from this end. Something about talking to Malachi (sp?) before Bodhi. I don't remember him, but that's to be expected ... names escape me. Since we saved the graveyard for last (among the town districts), it's highly probable that's what occured. The list says that this puts you in a "dialog loop", but it's more accurately described, methinks, as a quest loop.

It was fun trying to kill Bodhi with Ctrl-Y .. of course it didn't work, but she crackles and fries for a moment. I thought that may get us thru this part. I hadn't learned then that Bodhi is important later on. We wanted to play this as unspoiled as possible. Due to this bug, that's kind of been compromised. Shame on Black Isle, Shame.

S*T
Old 08-11-2001, 05:22 PM   #7
fckoln
Dungeon Master

Wow, my friend had a similar experience working for both sides. And to think that this whole time he was pulling my leg, he was telling me the truth. I belive I missed getting Edwin because of a "duality" problem somewhat similar to this, maybe not. Funny, my first time thru the game while in neutral or good alingment, I never had any bugs or problems. I go thru it evil once, and I can't get the things I want/need (Edwin!!!).
Old 08-11-2001, 10:52 PM   #8
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

OK. Im not sure if I have this right but you say you were working for Renal AND Bohdi. The quests that Renal give you have nothing to do with Bohdis quests. If you were wroking for Aran Linvail and Bohdi at the same time I would say its definitely a bug.

Do you have the patches????? click www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/ and get the patch.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!