Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2001, 07:18 PM   #1
Hargon

Well, once I finish the game with my good/neutral party I've decided to replay the game with an evil one. I'll probably create and try to roleplay a Mad half-orc Barbarian wielding 2-handed swords. Him together with edwin/korgan/viconia will go nuts on ALL that is good and righteous. (btw, can vic fall in love with a halforc? =)
Is there an evil thief NPC somewhere in the game? Or should I play a multiplayer game and create an assasin or something?

Thanks

Old 01-15-2001, 07:36 PM   #2
NytesHalo

I'm pretty sure you can, but you better not let your rep fall too far, or else you'll find talking to NPCs a little difficult and merchants won't sell or buy from you if you reach 2 rep, but then again, if you're evil, that's the price to pay eh. As far as Viconia, really now, I doubt very much she would stoop so low to have a romance with a half-orc. Personally I'm surprised so has a romance with Half-elves for that matter.

Old 01-15-2001, 08:05 PM   #3
Hargon

Awww, sucks that merchants will refuse to sell you stuff. I mean really, if you were a merchant and you got a visit from a mad 19 str half-orc wearing full plate and some wicked 2-handed sword would you refuse to sell him anything? I know I wouldnt. Well, that pretty much screws everything over since I kinda planned on killing everyone and everything that I find annoying and insulting.

Thanks anyway

Old 01-15-2001, 08:31 PM   #4
Jon the Hell Caster

Be a evil mage. When you are one of them you can cast cool spells like Feeblminded and get away with it without lose of reputation.

Old 01-15-2001, 08:31 PM   #5
Armisael

Yeah, going nuts and killing everything in sight will make the game very hard. You'll be hunted by enforcers and soldiers in Athkatla and you probably won't be able to talk to many people. Not to say that merchants will refuse to sell you stuff, they'll just be too busy cowering under their counter.
Personally, I can think of a few nobles I'd like to remove.

Old 01-15-2001, 09:41 PM   #6
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

In bg1 charming an angry merchant and then talking to him/her would work to purchase stuff. I havn't been that bad in bg2 so i dont know if it will work.
Old 01-15-2001, 09:52 PM   #7
Magness
Quintesson

I don't think that you can win by playing a character that kills EVERYTHING. As stated above, the game won't let you.

However, there are other ways to be evil other than "bloodthirsty axe-murderer".

What you have to do as an evil character is manage your reputation. You can do this by spending some of your hard-earned gold in temples to by reputation points. This prevents your rep from going too low, forcing the city guard to attack you, and keeps the merchants willing to sell to you.

Also, There are only 3 evil NPC's in BG2. So, if you want a full party of 6, you're gonna need to either:

1. Move your save game to the multiplayer save directory, restart BG2, and use "character abritration" to add 2 more NPCs. Then copy the save game dir back to the single player save directory.

OR

2. Start a new game in multiplayer mode with your own PC and 2 of your own NPCs. Save the game and then copy the save game from the multiplayer dir to the single player save game dir.
Old 01-15-2001, 09:54 PM   #8
Armisael

You can also take Jan; he gets on well with Korgan and doesn't mind a bit of nastiness here and there. Calculated evil is so much more fun than berserker evil, anyway.

Old 01-16-2001, 03:26 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You need to know the line between being evil and being psychotic. Being psychotic is not being very smart. Evil means being in control, taking advantage of others and getting away with it (sounds just like life at work, doesn't it?) Link here if you're having difficulties with how to play evil.
Old 01-16-2001, 01:16 PM   #10
Ertai, Wizard Adept

I am playing now an evil elf (fighter/thief) that is working pretty fine. My party consits of:

Daegurth (me)
Korgan
Viconia
Edwin

I dont plan getting more NPCs cause i alreay have all i need (mage, cleric, thief and 2 fighters) and i dont like large parties.
About the reputation, an evil character (i am neutral evil) just wants to get more gold and power, so he has to have a decent rep to go around here. I personally keep it around 6. I always help kids (even Korgan is not that evil to kill kids) and that gives me some rep sometimes. And about stores, dont mind about the rep cause you should steal everything you can (ive been in caravasar recently and stole this girdle, the throwing hammer, the blackblood and something more ). Evil is fun !!!