Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-19-2001, 08:52 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well , ovespecialize and you breed in weakness...

Well waht i think is the worst is that these "superheroes and supervillians" have not enough stats, when you been out a couple of days killing a few monsters and oups, I´m one of this continents strongest person, fighter whatever, and hey isn´t that Drizzt? Sucker!!

The level system is a bit screwed when you pass by your "hereos" in a whim more or less..
In this way BG1 was more balanced, took some time before you reached that XP limit unless you had played it a couple of times. So what can one do to put in some more interesting ways to flesh out your character? Well if you could implement more feats, more skills in a good way that could help alot, like if all characters can´t use a horse right, their traveling is not as fast as thoose good at it. Without Rangers you have to stop more often to get food and to find the right directions.. or something..

Well abit off topic as usually.. sorry guys & girls...
Old 01-19-2001, 09:02 AM   #12
RedArrow

Long before BG2 was released and right after what the exp cap will be was announced the most critisized point was the exp cap. Many said reaching around lvl20 was simply too much, becoming much more powerful than many heroes/head villains of faerun. I'm confident that my party can invade Zhentil Keep!

Old 01-19-2001, 09:09 AM   #13
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well if you are too have high level characters you need to flesh them out very good so you get a feel for them, easier in pen and paper form, I read this artcivle a long time ago in Dragon magazine who brought up this duscussions of high level charactersm their goals, convictions and so on. Really difficult in CRPG as stated before but they mentioned the word "High level world" you can play as a Dragon Knight, ie lvl 13, 14th at least and well face as powerful foes of course, alot of magic and alot of chaos roaming the world with alot of dangerous monsters. I think Planescape Torment had a good balance in the game cause you face alot of hard ass creatures and the Planscape world is very different then the Forgotten realms which already had its major heroes and bad guys.

So who would like a DoD game CRPG, that takes place in a completly fresh world without heroes and bad guys? Eh, wouldn´t that be great, if online like Neverwinter Night is supposed to be you would be the heroe/villian of that world..
Old 01-19-2001, 09:19 AM   #14
Armisael

Yeah, but it'd probably just be another Everquest. Not that there's anything wrong with Everquest (I've never played it, to be truthful) but one's probably enough. What would be nice would be if players could set up their own worlds with anywhere from ten to a hundred mates, like an online PnP game.

Old 01-19-2001, 11:17 PM   #15
Haigen

There are many worlds like this Armisael.

They're called MUD's or MURPE's. I've played a few of these, ranging anywhere from 10 to 500 players all logged on at any one time with a variety of characters that they have created.

They just don't have the popularity of CRPG's because they are text based and not graphical.

Try www.mudconnector.com is you want to experience one.