Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 12-19-2000, 12:15 AM   #1
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

I believe my name says it all... Hope I don't annoy all you experienced gamers and, most importantly, accomplished dungeon crawlers with my dumb questions, of which I have two. First, I just got my thief killed. Now, I know I can just go back to my recent save/auto save but I want to do things the "correct" way. How do I take someone back to Kuldahar and have them brought back to life? If I do this, will they just be living dead (or worse, like the residents of the Hand) or their former selves. Second, I finished Wyrm's Tooth, losing that good little thief in the process. Upon exiting through the cave in the upper right, I either go back to where the slaves were hiding or I get the World Map. How do I get to Lower Dorn's??? Also, can't find the secret door that mage mentioned. Got through the puzzle table (at LAST) but can't find that other door. Thanks in advance.
IdiotRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2000, 01:20 AM   #2
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Never be afraid to ask questions, here or on any forum, that's what they're there for First, there is no penalty to ressing your characters, they'll be just as they were when they died. Just remember to have someone carry their gear until you can get to Kuldahar. Second, if you've finished everything in Wyrm's Tooth (You have Joril's badge, right?) go to the cave in the upper right corner you mentioned, and go in the enterance in the lower right corner, that will take you to lower Dorn's Deep. There is no world map icon of it, just this passage. Be prepared, it's quite the opposite of Wyrm's Tooth. Good luck!

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2000, 08:16 AM   #3
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Thanks for the info. Have Joril's badge. Didn't notice that route to the lower right you mentioned but will try again after I get my thief back (lost her when I decided those giants were just big, slow dummies. Well, they may be big, slow and dumb but when you have the second lowest "hit points" in the group (and cannot wear a helmet), I have learned it is best to stay back and just plink arrows in their sizeable fannies... What is an appropriate "re-birthday/sorry I got you killed" gift for a thief who can swipe just about anything?

Also, anyone figure out how to get into that locked/glyphed house in Kuldahar? Since I have to go back there anyway...
Old 12-19-2000, 03:38 PM   #4
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

...is impossible to get into at the moment, though it's supposed to be the starting point of the expansion.

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2000, 09:24 PM   #5
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Thanks (again). I certainly hope there is some kind of twelve step program for these games as I seem to be getting addicted. Always been a big Tolkien fan but am wondering if I should check out some of the books on which these games are based. Any suggestions? Also, I seem to recall that there was (in the dark ages of PCs) a computer game based on The Lord of the Rings/Middle Earth. Anyone familiar with it?
Old 01-04-2001, 03:27 PM   #6
Mourngrim

You might enjoy reading the the series of books based in Icewind dale by R.A. Salvatore called appropriately enough The Icewind Dale Trilogy ( Crystal Shard, Streams of Silver and the Halflings gem). They are a easy but imaginative read and Salvatore can really make the combat come to life in the mind, I was stunned when it first came out.