Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2002, 09:22 AM   #71
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Gee I hadn't noticed that Lioness - your "Sox" are giving things a bit of a shake this year aren't they
Old 05-25-2002, 09:22 AM   #72
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
It depends on what you're cooking. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Green Eggs and Spam. With a little Sugar for good measure. [/QUOTE]*bounces up and down*

Give me Sugar!
Old 05-25-2002, 09:29 AM   #73
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Gee I hadn't noticed that Lioness - your "Sox" are giving things a bit of a shake this year aren't they
*puts on an even more annoyingly smug smile*

I love dem bums.

lol! Romey... [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm not held responsible i you bounce off the wall for the rest of the day.

ANyway, I'm off to my brother's baseball game...cya later, all! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2002, 09:32 AM   #74
Krishach
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
anyway, i hate wrestling. a fat stupid yankee jumps on another fat stupid yankee. plus, its all fake.
Well then, you obviously know nothing about wrestling except for a false stereotype. Wrestlers are not usually fat, some maybe from New York, most definitely ARE NOT stupid, and if it's fake, how do they get injured?

That's like saying, "anyway, i hate IW forums. a fat stupid yankee posts useless spam and another fat stupid yankee responds. plus, it's all fake roleplay crap." Obviously not true, eh?

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2002, 09:41 AM   #75
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
USS: eh? fat YANKEE? I hope it's a different one than my favorite New York Yankess..
*puts on an aggravatingly smug smile and [img]tongue.gif[/img] to Bahamut*

Guess who won in the 11th last night over your darling little Yankees?

Ah, romey, but I've slacked off my spamming duties at TSR... I can't keep up with those young whippersnappers over there. Spamming at OUAP and IW though, is enough for me.
[/QUOTE]Who cares if we lost anyway... will we see you peeps in the World Series? I think not [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2002, 09:55 AM   #76
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Krishach:
quote:
anyway, i hate wrestling. a fat stupid yankee jumps on another fat stupid yankee. plus, its all fake.
Well then, you obviously know nothing about wrestling except for a false stereotype. Wrestlers are not usually fat, some maybe from New York, most definitely ARE NOT stupid, and if it's fake, how do they get injured?

That's like saying, "anyway, i hate IW forums. a fat stupid yankee posts useless spam and another fat stupid yankee responds. plus, it's all fake roleplay crap." Obviously not true, eh?

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]no, its certanly not like saying that. what does "its all fake roleplay crap" mean??
krishach, ive seen alot of wrestling on TNT and as much as i saw, about 70% of them were overweight. IMHO, its all acting.
people can just hold on one of their legs and say "ow, my leg! it hurts!" and it doesnt prove that they really are hurt.
and some of them are willing to take injuries for the money they get.
Old 05-25-2002, 10:02 AM   #77
Krishach
Drow Warrior

The only ones that come to mind being overweight are the Bigshow, Rikishi, and Mark Henry. Other than that, most are pretty trim and buff. And yes, they do act, because they're playing out a story. But that's when they're doing interviews and such. Once in the ring, they are incredible atheletes pulling off moves that could kill the other wrestler if not done carefully. Obviously they don't wrestle because they actually hate each other, that'd be stupid to actually hurt the wrestler till he couldn't wrestle, then they'd be gone. But it does hurt. The ring isn't soft, it just bounces some. But, tell me this, if you think it's all acting, wouldn't you hate movies and other TV shows also? That's all they do, is act. It's fake.
Old 05-25-2002, 10:16 AM   #78
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Krishach:
The only ones that come to mind being overweight are the Bigshow, Rikishi, and Mark Henry. Other than that, most are pretty trim and buff. And yes, they do act, because they're playing out a story. But that's when they're doing interviews and such. Once in the ring, they are incredible atheletes pulling off moves that could kill the other wrestler if not done carefully. Obviously they don't wrestle because they actually hate each other, that'd be stupid to actually hurt the wrestler till he couldn't wrestle, then they'd be gone. But it does hurt. The ring isn't soft, it just bounces some. But, tell me this, if you think it's all acting, wouldn't you hate movies and other TV shows also? That's all they do, is act. It's fake.
no, i wouldnt hate movies and that kind of stuff because theyre not trying to be real. everybody knows theyre not real. and i dont really think its fun to watch a gut jump on another guy, doing lethal moves in a ring. i wont argue about taste [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 05-25-2002, 10:23 AM   #79
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, are you guys argueing about professional wrestling? I thought Mad Magazine settled that argument back in the 60's. Watch it all you like, but it's not like boxing, where they really are trying to hurt one another.
Old 05-25-2002, 10:41 AM   #80
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
[no, its certanly not like saying that. what does "its all fake roleplay crap" mean??
krishach, ive seen alot of wrestling on TNT and as much as i saw, about 70% of them were overweight. IMHO, its all acting.
people can just hold on one of their legs and say "ow, my leg! it hurts!" and it doesnt prove that they really are hurt.
and some of them are willing to take injuries for the money they get.
70% overweight? wtf? I dont know what show your watching but these guys are not overweight, maybe 1 out of every ten at the most.