Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2003, 04:26 PM   #131
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

For those of you with wiper problems, have you ever tried cleaning them? Seriously...

Whenever I clean the windows, I also flip the wipers over, run the window squeegee down them, and wipe them off with a paper towel. It's amazing how much stuff can be on there, and how quickly you can revitalize an old pair of wiper blade. Since I started doing that, I've only replaced blades when they break.

Harrumph. Busy week, and I've got to call a couple more customers yet today. They were the first calls on my list this morning... good to be getting there now that the day's almost over.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:02 PM   #132
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

well we are getting snow prediction of up to a foot by the time it's all said and done. i can't wait to go play in it tomorrow.

i also can't wait to surprise nathan with dinner tonight! i hate pizza but he really loves it so i got him a red baron deep dish supreme fromt he grocery store. i know it's not the best but it was cheaper than digiornos and still not cheese and sauce on cardboard.

awwe....erilyn is petting me! she is so cute!

i hope anyone with snow is driving safely.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:05 PM   #133
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
well we are getting snow prediction of up to a foot by the time it's all said and done. i can't wait to go play in it tomorrow.

i also can't wait to surprise nathan with dinner tonight! i hate pizza but he really loves it so i got him a red baron deep dish supreme fromt he grocery store. i know it's not the best but it was cheaper than digiornos and still not cheese and sauce on cardboard.

awwe....erilyn is petting me! she is so cute!

i hope anyone with snow is driving safely.
*cries and sobs* I want snow!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-05-2003, 05:05 PM   #134
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I want snow [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] this is so not fair, it will be cold enough for snow here, but we are not getting anything except wind, then it will clear up, and warm up again, I think I am gonna pack my things and move in with Rev
Old 12-05-2003, 06:19 PM   #135
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

ffs, all you lucky people getting snow. It's December and has been in the 70s-80s all month! The local mountains have no snow and i wanna go boarding again *sniffle*

Oy Link, you found me out. What should my sig be then, some warrior chick with a big sword and only half dressed
Old 12-05-2003, 06:29 PM   #136
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
For those of you with wiper problems, have you ever tried cleaning them? Seriously...

Whenever I clean the windows, I also flip the wipers over, run the window squeegee down them, and wipe them off with a paper towel. It's amazing how much stuff can be on there, and how quickly you can revitalize an old pair of wiper blade. Since I started doing that, I've only replaced blades when they break.

Harrumph. Busy week, and I've got to call a couple more customers yet today. They were the first calls on my list this morning... good to be getting there now that the day's almost over.
Thanks Bungleau [img]smile.gif[/img] You know I never thought of that. Figured the smearing that I'm getting with my wipers was because the rubber was damaged by things like twigs, ice, etc. over the years. I'll definitely give it a try before I go get new ones! Been driving me nuts for months, and the smear of course is right where my line of vision is at (Murphys Law I reckon LOL). Its Clear! Now its blurry..It's clear! Now its blurry.. bah! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-05-2003, 07:34 PM   #137
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi all,

It's my third working Saturday in a row, which kinda sucks [img]tongue.gif[/img] But hopefully it will pass peacefully and I may even have a nice tea session with my colleague.

There isn't any snow over here, but it is the Northeast Monsoon period and that means lots of rain. So much so that we have to put off our plans for renovation, since the rain could soak up everything when we remove the awnings.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:13 PM   #138
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hi Mistral! [img]smile.gif[/img]

So is it Saturday already on your end? How long does a Monsoon last exactly? Tis one thing I am a bit unfamiliar with.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-05-2003, 09:50 PM   #139
Horatio

I don't want snow! I want rain! Lots of rain! I'll drive down the street every morning, splashing the kids of their way to school! [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img] Mwahaha!
Old 12-05-2003, 09:56 PM   #140
mistral4543

Hi Ladyzekke [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I'm not sure how long the monsoon lasts exactly, but we do tend to get wet weather around Nov-Dec. Which is not altogether bad (considering the weather is hot and humid for the rest of the year, particularly in Jun-Jul). It makes for wonderful weather to sleep or stay in bed in, if you're on vacation leave

Hmm, gotta love cranberry muffin [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] which I just got from Coffee Bean across the street. The funniest thing happened... my colleague ordered a sesame seed bagel and ended up scrapping off the sesame seeds cos she hadn't really realised how much she disliked them, LOL

So far so good, and I'll be off work in about 1.5 hours' time. Thinking of getting my Vanity Fair DVDs from HMV this afternoon. Woohoo!