Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2002, 09:53 AM   #1
SpongeBob SquarePants
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i am a very low level theif (just starting out) can you tell me if it is possible to make spells up if your a theif, like brad did to boost his luck, and also can you tell me .. is it like AD&D the lower the AC on your armour the better it is ?

simple questions, i know but lets see how complex your answers can be

oh ps i have the x box version of the game (its damn fine too)
SpongeBob SquarePants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 10:03 AM   #2
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Dunno what "spell to boost luck" you are referring to. But any character can make spells: you have to find an NPC with the spellmaking option (in mage guilds for example).

You can make spells as powerfull as you wish but they will be very expensive, they will cost more mana that you can pay, and they will have close to 0% chance of success.

To boost up stats at low level try alchemy, since ingredients are very common and quite cheap

The higher the AC the better.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:13 AM   #3
SpongeBob SquarePants
Elite Waterdeep Guard

god thats fast replying my friend, now you say the higher the ac the better ? do you mean on the actuall armour ? .. coz im a theif i can only really use light armour , correct ? or am i being thinc, so when i take armour off fallen enemies, the ac on the armour has to be high correct ? thanks for replying so quicky too

cheers (the sponge )
Old 07-11-2002, 12:15 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

it depends on your philosophy. high AC means you are harder to be hit but you run slower and attack mosnter slower. low AC means you can do things faster.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 12:19 PM   #5
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

Armor is separated into three types: Light, Medium, and Heavy. When you look at a shield or armor it tells you two things. First it tells you the AC benefit which is a function of the armor and you skill with that armor. Second it tells you the weight of the armor so you know which skill is required for that armor.

The higher the armor number the better your AC. The downside to medium and heavy armors is you are slower.

You can actually wear no armor as long as you have a decent unarmored skill.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 12:32 PM   #6
SpongeBob SquarePants
Elite Waterdeep Guard

message received and understood, cheers for the advice peopole, 1 more think, wen i sneak up on people i cant get my sneak symbol to stay on, y is this,
Old 07-11-2002, 12:39 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

for you to successfully sneak, try sneaking behind them. press ctrl and slowly walk at their back and give them a critical hit!
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 01:03 PM   #8
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob SquarePants:
message received and understood, cheers for the advice peopole, 1 more think, wen i sneak up on people i cant get my sneak symbol to stay on, y is this,
your ability to sneak is dependent on your sneak skill , luck, and whichever attribute controlls it. also casting invisibility or chameleon can help you sneak more successfully.