Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 04-16-2003, 09:11 PM   #1
RONUS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HEY fellow WZ8 players ...I need help...I can't seem to find marten at the sea caves...there are two doors I hve no keys to get in too.... Also, what do you do w/ mummy dust, tiger mesquito wings, venum sacs etc....skulls...are they of any use. Also, what do I do w/ the RATTKIN KEY too. Thanks guys I'd appreciate your help
Old 04-16-2003, 10:27 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Getting to Marten isn't easy. First you have to drop down the right hole. Then you climb up to fight a really nasty monster whose name I forget. Then you have to find the sticky boots on one of the bodies lying around. Then you use the board (I hope you found that outside the caves) to make a bridge over a chasm, and after that you can cross to visit Marten. I think you have to get the room key from one of the bodies, or maybe Mr. Nasty Monster drops it, I'm not sure.

The other stuff, like mummy dust, is used to create certain unique items. Whatshisname in Arnika, and his brother Ferro in the Rapax Castle, are the ones who make the stuff.

The Rattkin Key opens the way to the Rattkin breeders, if I remember rightly.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 10:44 PM   #3
the mighty stamar

Ya, the ratkin key is for back in trynton. You are on a quest from the trynnies to kill the ratkin breeder.

As far as the sea caves... I recomend getting a walkthrough.

One key sticking point is you need to put the hook and line on an area of ceiling. It does give you a clue on where to do it, it says blah blah yadda yadda when youre there. But if you walked by the area when it did that, you likely forgot where it was.

In the break the wall room take the FIRST slippery drop off point, fall down. Then you climb up you also need to find the climbers shoes and equip someone with them so you can walk on slippery stuff, then you need to put the plank in the plank place.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 10:46 PM   #4
the mighty stamar

One last thing....

You need the helm of serenity to get the chaos thing from Marten.

IF YOU DONT HAVE IT, TURN AROUND AND GO BACK!

You need the idol from the martens bluff castle, put it on the idol place in trynton and get the helm of serenity.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 10:53 PM   #5
Gallicus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, from memory:

First, as stated before, get the Helm of Serenity. Marten is useless to you until you have it.

As you enter the area, take a right and enter the cave. At the back is the hook & line - grab it. Then head back to the start and make a left turn (instead of the right which you just did). I have to type it this way since I forget the compass directions. Keep going (ignoring all caves) until you get the sledgehammer and plank. They're on the main way, so you can't really miss them.

From the plank, double back until you hit the first cave you see (it will be the second cave on the left from the start, if that helps more). Enter it and fall down one of the slippery slopes (you can't control movement). Head to a large main area, and here you can break a wall with the hammer. Behind the wall is a door which you can do nothing with. Ignore it for now. In the main section there is also a hole above. Toss the line up there (a rope will come down when successful). Head on up.

Once at the top, in the main room ajoining is a tough fight. Win and then head left. Loot the various skeletons on the ground until you get the spiked boots and tomb key. Then head back to the main room. Put the shoes any character (best on any character that can only use minimal armour, like a monk or mage, since it has 5 AC on them -- better than they will get in a very long time, if ever). Head down one of those slipperly slopes directly across. With the shoes, you wont fall. You will hit a crevise eventually. Put the plank there and cross.

Now, a door will be in front of you. Use the tomb key on it, and voila. The rest is up to you. You reached Marten.

*NOTE* This is purely from memory. I'm pretty sure its relatively accurate (I did it 3 days ago). There may be slight discontinuity with the order of events, but I believe it is enough to get ya by.
Old 04-20-2003, 03:52 AM   #6
Lil Lil

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightowl2:

The other stuff, like mummy dust, is used to create certain unique items. Whatshisname in Arnika, and his brother Ferro in the Rapax Castle, are the ones who make the stuff.

Nightowl2
In order to find out what the items are and what you need to give him for each one, ask both Armorers about custom items or special items. Once you are given a list of the custom (or special) items in Arnika or The Rapax Castle, you can inquire about each one of them individually to get the specifics.

Ask the Trynnie merchant about special or custom too, or ask about a blue feather (?) Anyway, he can use that to make you a potion (usable by throwing).