Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 11:32 PM   #101
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I believe it's the soles of the feet or shoes which are considered dirty, and showing them to someone can be offensive. Saw that in a video on cultural differences in a class once...

Beauty day here as well... supposed to hit the 50s this week, I think!

Too bad I'll be in Charlotte and miss it...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:47 PM   #102
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I'm doing pretty good, my birthday went over well. I got a new guitar and some clothes we're still currently looking for a truck. Being 16 is not much different than 15, I guess it'd be more exciting if I hadn't waited so to get my permit! I can't get my license until July now!

And Lady Z, not much is up, yo! Things have been a bit up and down here with my girlfriend and I, but things are looking much more up. I'm leaving for Mexico on my mission trip next Friday, all through Spring Break, and I'm pretty excited. Overall things are great. [img]smile.gif[/img] . What about in your world?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:50 PM   #103
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Great! It's sunday. And I'm suppose to be resting after 6 days of work right? Nope! Genius father had to call the contractor to do a maintenance job on the house and I have to supervise it!

Great! My sunday is ruined!
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:57 AM   #104
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Good night her at work. Only 11 hours of it. Gotta love spring ahead when working.

Rest after work. Never heard of that.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #105
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LadyZ, I'd love the help! At least I know you'd work on things unlike the former co-worker who read the paper and planned her retirement all day! Very weird encounter you saw at that store! I'd guess the hot dog guy was just in a bad mood or has chemical unbalance issues, myself. Hope he finds another store to shop in!

SomeCutie! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I'm glad you are busy, keeps you out of trouble, hehe [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Have a great trip down to Mexico!

Well, forgot to change our clocks over last night so we were running late before we even got up this morning. Been one of those days! LOL

Hubby put together another storage cabinet, though and this one's destined for his study. I am thoroughly impressed...he's cleaned about a 1/3 of the room in order to put it there! WHOOHOOO! I can see the floor ...well, some of it, anyway!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:07 PM   #106
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL, sorry Mack Attack that you got adversely affected by that extra hour when the time changed last Saturday! I bet a lot of people who worked certain shifts got screwed as well!

Big warm front coming through this week. Will be in the 70s tomorrow! Such a nice change from all the ice finally.

Unfortunately with the warmer weather I'm reminded that I need to fix my window(s) on my car so I can get them down when summer comes. Apparently they don't sell the parts anymore though except for the one window right next to the driver (guess it's a law). $250 Chevy dealership said to buy it, but again, the other windows no longer are being manufactured or sold, so I'm still gonna sweat it out yet another year even when I fix the thing. It's the regulator for the electric window that needs to be replaced, not the entire motor or anything. Blah...What's the chances you get a car that all the regulators for the windows die out within a 3 year timeline? Thing is, besides the windows problem, my car is still good to go for a few more years, the engine is solid, Chevy makes good cars dangit. Sucks to think about ditching a car that works just fine because of stupid window malfunctions that cannot be fixed. Living in the city, there aren't any junkyards about to go look through for possible parts.

Not a fan of electric windows on cars anymore LOL. I mean hey, I got no problem hand cranking a window down using a lever like everyone did 30 years ago. Electric windows are just a convenience, not a necessity. And apparently after 20 years of owning a car, you are possibly screwed re finding certain parts for it. Wonder if that is some incentive to make a person just go ahead and buy a new car rather than keep the old one?

Hope everyone is having a nice evening. Gonna be a nice weather situation in the eastern U.S. tomorrow, looking forward to it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 PM   #107
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Feb 2nd and this Cafe is only at 5 pages? So long gone are the days of having 1 Cafe/day.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #108
wellard
Dracolisk

Lady Z have you tried a car junk yard / second hand parts dealer? I would be amazed if you could not get the parts you need online.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:30 PM   #109
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Feb 2nd and this Cafe is only at 5 pages? So long gone are the days of having 1 Cafe/day.
Yes, i seem to have lost my ultimate spamming abilities. In the old days i could conjure up like 200 posts per day, and they were all quality posts too. Now i barely manage to post 10 times per week, what an ocean of difference that is.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:13 PM   #110
wellard
Dracolisk

Well Johnny if ya stopped drinking Kryptonite brand beer and went back to Amstel instead you would be spamming at full power in no time at all [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote