Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2003, 06:05 PM   #11
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

My favorite part is that ELF slashed tires, causing the people to buy new ones (which of course lead to energy consumption and the use of those finite sources} and then the slashed tires wouldn't be in good enough condition for recycling so they can go into a landfill for the next 75-100 years or they can be incinerated (more energy consumption as well as releasing partial decomposed hydrocarbons into the atmosphere).
Old 01-05-2003, 06:26 PM   #12
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

But Antryg, you can't judge them by the results of their action, just their intentions.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:40 AM   #13
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Eisenschwarz:
Look at it this way,
Those SUV’s are a waste of our finite resources and energy.
You don’t need one unless you’re actually going to be driving off road.
Not only that, but they are also very inefficient and waste much oil and create much pollution.
This is bad, since it contributes towards environmental damage and global warming etc and dependency on oil.

Now, The American government is not going to do anything, so these people have decided to take Direct Action, Sometimes This can be justified,
And I find it hard to feel sympathy for people who can afford those great machines while there are people starving for the want of a little Maize in Africa.
[/QUOTE]Oh PLEASE..... people can't drive a big car, because there are people starving in Africa ? That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard.[/QB][/QUOTE]Couldn't have said it better myself, Johnny.

[ 01-09-2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: HolyWarrior ]
Old 01-06-2003, 12:54 AM   #14
homer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
Then I'll be supporting my beliefs when I shoot some of these idiots trying to trash my vehicle. THEY ARE TERRORISTS. They are involved in bombings, arsons, and assaults against people. They are allied with the animal liberation front. And both recieve funding from peta. They are not just a bunch of misguided kids, they are criminals.
I would hope, for you own sake, you would not shoot someone over a vehicle. This being said, if this organization is involved in these other types of activities, I agree that they are terrorists and should be treated as such.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:38 AM   #15
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
But Antryg, you can't judge them by the results of their action, just their intentions.
Sure you can. "I didn't mean to kill him..." will get you NO WHERE in a court of law.

Car manufacturers don't mean to pollute, but they still do. See where this is going?
Old 01-06-2003, 07:45 AM   #16
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Eisenschwarz:
quote:
Originally posted by HolyWarrior:

Just WTF business is it of theirs what people drive? These pukes are just as dangerous as Al-Qaida and should be treated as such.
UP YOURS, ELF!
Look at it this way,
Those SUV’s are a waste of our finite resources and energy.
You don’t need one unless you’re actually going to be driving off road.
Not only that, but they are also very inefficient and waste much oil and create much pollution.
This is bad, since it contributes towards environmental damage and global warming etc and dependency on oil.

Now, The American government is not going to do anything, so these people have decided to take Direct Action, Sometimes This can be justified,
And I find it hard to feel sympathy for people who can afford those great machines while there are people starving for the want of a little Maize in Africa.[/QB][/QUOTE]These are usually the same people (SUV owners) that flick their cigs out their car window.. THAT pissed me off! They think the world is their dumping ground.... I smoke sometimes.. and in the car, I ALWAYS use the ashtray. I see someone throw their cig out the window in front of me, and I feel like RAMMING their car. HARD.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-06-2003, 09:13 AM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
LOL, people of that stripe are always happiest when they are telling people what not to do. I wish they would assault my Chevy Suburban. My dog, Pugsley, would like to have a word with them.
Well, I'm glad that living in the land of the free means you are completely free to pollute my air, Attalus.

Look, property crimes are property crimes and I'm not siding with these losers. But, air pollution is a reality as well, one that is most contributed to by cars no matter what you like to think.

Now, I'm not going to go along with Eisenschwarz, whose solution is always to expect big brother to legislate or regulate and answer. I'm simply going to say that I'd be happier if my fellow Americans were a bit wiser and more responsible on this issue. And, unless you've got a utilitarian need for a Suburban (e.g. a farm, *not* a soccer mom), it's a fine example of typical American gluttony.

Personally I really like SUVs - I'd own a Hummer1 if I could afford it and philosophically justify it to myself. But, this very issue is fully half the reason I bought a four-cylinder SUV rather than a larger one. (The other half of the reason has to do with ease of parking in an urban area.)
Old 01-06-2003, 11:41 AM   #18
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
Sure you can. "I didn't mean to kill him..." will get you NO WHERE in a court of law.
Car manufacturers don't mean to pollute, but they still do. See where this is going?[/QB]
Actually, "I didn't mean to kill him" well get you somewhere in a court of law: specifically, you'll get Manslaughter at 7 years rather than Murder and a life sentence. Big difference.

But, on this issue I agree with you. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Just being technical, I suppose.

Oh, and Antryg I completely agree with your statement that this wacko ELF group is in fact causing environmental harm. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2003, 11:47 AM   #19
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
Car manufacturers don't mean to pollute, but they still do. See where this is going?
Actually, "I didn't mean to kill him" well get you somewhere in a court of law: specifically, you'll get Manslaughter at 7 years rather than Murder and a life sentence. Big difference.

But, on this issue I agree with you. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Just being technical, I suppose.

Oh, and Antryg I completely agree with your statement that this wacko ELF group is in fact causing environmental harm. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]What would Khaz get for using leathal force against someone committing minor property damage?
Old 01-06-2003, 12:08 PM   #20
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Depended: If Khaz saw it happening, got enraged, and killed the little ELF, he'd get murder in the heat of passion - in some states this is 2nd Degree Murder, in others its Manslaughter 1 - usually carries up to a life sentence. Since we know he's premeditated it, however, he'd get premeditated murder - in most all states called First Degree Murder. This carries a mandatory life sentence (almost always) and gets you a chance at the death penalty in states that have it.

But, from me he'd get a thumbs up. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]