Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-26-2002, 08:48 AM   #21
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

We have here some WERY annoying commercials to like the Hair shampoo from Wella OMG i hate that one and the stupid girl say at the end "I use it because i am worth it" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so stupid that i turn of the damn tv and it come 2 or 3 times within an half houer.
And have you noticed that the sound on your tv also beeing a little louder when the commercials coming up? [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2002, 09:22 AM   #22
Melkor, The Dark Lord
The Magister

Since there are WAY TOOO MANY COMERCIALS on tv and not enough good shows, I've stoped watching tv unless I' watching a movie from a tape.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:48 AM   #23
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Well, I have noticed that the amount of prescription medicine advertising has increased exponentially for the last few years.

Mark
It's illegal to advertise prescription only medicins in the UK so we are spared the wonders of diarrhoea warnings. And of course there are no ads on the BBC.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-28-2002, 05:41 AM   #24
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Has anyone else noticed that advertiser's are beating us to death with the same stupid commercials over and over? It gets really bad when you see the exact same ad 3 times during a 1/2 hour News broadcast.

Mark
LOL I thought of this thread when listening to the news last night and some completely obnoxious Applebee's commercial for "Riblets"
[img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
It played every three minutes followed by another that I forget, even though it was the same two commercials.

I think I have been left permanently damaged by the Riblets ditty sung to the tune of "Rawhide"
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

I couldn't tune it out lol, I was trying to fall asleep (at 6 p.m. & a long day at school lol) I am sensitive to noise when trying to crash.

I did ask Rex to turn it down but not until I had heard it at least three times at a volume it just shouldn't be heard at LOL

Old 08-28-2002, 05:49 AM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Sometimes you have funny commercials, like during baseballgames, the beercommercial. Two guys sitting on the couch watching a game, one says: you up for a cold one ? The other says sure. He pulls a string and drops an iglo on his buddy. I can live with those commercials.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:03 AM   #26
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey, the new Cadbury's Chocolate ad was banned. It feattured a picture of Kashmir under the words "too good to share?"
Cracked me up, anyway.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:08 AM   #27
skywalker
Banned User

Worst of the worst?

How about the Dell spokes-dude? Purely obnoxious!

How about Verizon, "Can you hear me now?"...I wish I couldn't!

The car commercial (is it Toyota?) that uses the tune Mambo #5 to sell their cars...aggravating because they play it so often! (The "We Will Rock You" Ford ads were as bad if not worse.)

The commercial with the hardhat types stirring the yogurt...was funny the first 10 times (maybe).

Mark
Old 08-28-2002, 06:11 AM   #28
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
It's illegal to advertise prescription only medicins in the UK so we are spared the wonders of diarrhoea warnings. And of course there are no ads on the BBC.
Same in Holland - they can only advertise for over-the-counter painkillers and homeopathic stuff, not prescription medicine... thank goodness.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:13 AM   #29
skywalker
Banned User

Oh one more!

Actually it is a series of political ads. People in New York and maybe Vermont have seen them. They are ads for Tom Golisano for Governer. They are played a lot and he seems like a pretty aggravating candidate.

How do you New Yorkers feel about him and his campaign?

(Uh, what party is he representing?)

Mark
Old 08-28-2002, 06:31 AM   #30
Epona
Zartan

The thing that gets me is that I can never remember what is being advertised unless it is blatently obvious! OK, it's an ad for a car. What car's that then? Dunno, it's a car, innit? I can't remember which car! So the ad has done nothing to convince me to buy their product. About the only product I can remember from the ad is Budweiser, you can't miss that one.

The other thing that annoys me greatly is hearing music that I like used for adverts. Although I can't remember what it was advertising, I remember Prince Buster's 'Whine & Grine' being used in one a few years back, annoyed the hell out of me.