Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2002, 01:54 AM   #1
Moni

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of "Real Player" called "Real One".
Real

Man, I can plug into radio stations around the world with a 56 k modem conection LOL and FAST!. Without having Real Player stick me with a bunch of preselected stations I decided to surf the Alternative section and have more stations from more countries than I can choose from and they are quality tagged in colors (much like the terrorist codes LOL, hey I didn't say that!)
I am listening to Tocotronic on 3 voor 12 from The Netherlands...kinda bubble-gummy for Alternative but it is really cool to get to hear how the rest of the world sounds.

Old 08-21-2002, 02:36 AM   #2
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

With the new Realplayer you should go to www.mp3.com
Old 08-21-2002, 02:59 AM   #3
Moni

Actually I have spent a good portion of the time since posting this looking for a site whose name I could not remember for one and who moved for another LOL.
Musical Starstreams The exotic side of radio
But Winamp was set as the defalut for their format once I found them and it was skipping and sticking like mad LOL. I have Real Player playing it now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Now if I could just figure out how to add it to my library [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2002, 03:07 AM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Call me crazy but isn't downloading music that you don't own considered a crime according to copyright laws. I'm not too clear on the whole issue. Just remembering stuff from the whole napster fiasco.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 08-21-2002, 03:11 AM   #5
Moni

I am listening to streaming audio...big difference from downloading MP3's!
Most MP3 sites today either charge you to download or allow you to listen in a format you cannot save.

I did figure out how to add Musical Starstreams to my library and now when I click it, Real Player will connect to it on the internet and save nothing to my hard drive beyond the url in the library.

Now to make a note to listen in on Sunday nights LOL

[ 08-21-2002, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 08-21-2002, 04:54 AM   #6
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Call me crazy but isn't downloading music that you don't own considered a crime according to copyright laws. I'm not too clear on the whole issue. Just remembering stuff from the whole napster fiasco.
It's not downloading music, it's using the internet to listen to radio stations - no different than using a receiver to pick up radio signals. Not illegal at all.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:31 AM   #7
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Moni stop using that ancient technology and get with the times!!!! Click on this link and make sure that your favourite music player is set on repeat. Hours of enjoyment here! Heck, weeks and months even!!!
Old 08-21-2002, 12:17 PM   #8
Moni

LMAO! Gee, Thanks for that added damage to my delicate audio receptacles Bokken! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
My cats say "What the ....?!" [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2002, 12:27 PM   #9
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
LMAO! Gee, Thanks for that added damage to my delicate audio receptacles Bokken! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
My pleasure! Don't ever say I never tried to take the boredom outta ya *LOL*

And your cats love it......they just won't admit it *nods*
Old 08-21-2002, 12:31 PM   #10
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Bokken:
quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
My pleasure! Don't ever say I never tried to take the boredom outta ya *LOL*

And your cats love it......they just won't admit it *nods*
[/QUOTE]LOL Well it worked! I can hours and hours of fun in just hours and hours!
I hear ya on the cats, man...they are just evil.