Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 10:24 AM   #1
Son of Osiris

I've noticed there are quite a few people here who are against gun-control. Personally, I don't think the 2nd Amendment allows you to pack THAT much heat! (Rocket Launchers, Heavy Artillery, MP5, etc.) Here's some experiences that have made me pro-gun control (Note: I don't really give a damn about the issue, I just wanna know what crawled up your butt and died about this issue, I'm just throwing in a few jokes because I can!)

WARNING: THESE JOKES ARE HELLA NASTY!!!

I was down in Texas one time. I come across this young lady with a baby carraige, I look in there and I see the baby looks like a Mini-Rambo! He's got the machine guns in there and everything!

I was up on my roof the other day in my German Leiderhos-- lierderhos -- thingy to do a little yodelling and some freak sends an RPG round right up my ass and I find myself flying around until the rocket runs out of feul at which point, I fall into my neighbor's backyard and he has a dog that was in heat! All I can say is that thank god I had that RPG round up the Wazoo!

just yesterday, Heston of the NRA came over to my bunker. Some little punk took away my "Do Not Solicit If You Want To Live" sign and there were salesmen just rushing the gates to my home. Heston, like the crazyman I always took him for (but really, I don't know him that well, save for that he loves his guns and his right to use 'em!) went out there with this gatling gun about the size of me and mowed them down shouting "Come get some, Damn Dirty Apes!" Now there's body parts all over my front lawn and the entrance of my bunker has a new coat of red paint, if you know what I mean!

This morning, I was balancing an apple on my head and I went out to get my mail which is outside the bunker. Some nutcase shot the apple right off my head with a Springfield Sniper Rifle! "Perfect Aim!" I shouted. He replied with "Perfect aim? I missed!"

And those are the experiences that have made me pro-- *gun shot*

Old 03-20-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

Yeah, we haven't had one of these discussions in at least a week.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:25 PM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

Damn, has it been that long? It feels like yesterday.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:22 PM   #4
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

Believe it or not, an MP5 isn't THAT much heat... If you won't trust your fellow citizen with one, why should you trust your fellow citiznes with one when they're wearing funny clothes?
Old 03-21-2004, 11:47 PM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Funny clothes? Like uniforms? Probably because the funny clothes mean the gun wielder has things like training, discipline and mental control and things like that. Just little things, that mean silly little events like people dying, kids being shot by kids and stuff like that doesn't happen.

Hey... here's an idea... why not allow everyone, no matter how old they are, to drive a car anywhere, as fast as they like, in any lane! Do away with road rules, drink driving laws, age requirements etc.

Because as we al know, car accidents don't kill people, people kill people!

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 03-22-2004, 12:18 AM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

An MP-5 has way more heat that any citizen should have. However, in any environment other than room clearing it is rather eqivalent to a pile left in your yard from a lose dog!

There are times and places for gun control. Out here in the West (God's Country) there is very little. While in NYC there are too many. How do you compromise the difference? I can't answer.

In the arms room I have a Beretta M9, and a Colt M4.
Here at the house my thoughts are different.

I do feel that assault guns are more of a fad than anything else. Have you ever fired an AK? It ain't all that impressive, and needs all that ammo to hit the mark. A high capacity hand gun? Well if you shoot like they do on TV, then you might need many shots!

I was born around guns, and was taught right from wrong when I was old enough to shoot one. I have 20 years of military experience, and really do enjoy the hunt. Be it paper, or critter.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:47 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
There are times and places for gun control. Out here in the West (God's Country) there is very little. While in NYC there are too many. How do you compromise the difference? I can't answer.
I live in NYC, and there are not enough gun control laws.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 03-22-2004, 01:08 AM   #8
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Yorick,
NYC has too many gun control laws. One cannot "Legally" own or carry anything in the city. Now, just because it's illegal, doesn't mean it won't happen. But, for 'Law abiding citizens' that is a straight act of un-constitutionalism!
For a fresh look, compare the entire state of Oregon (where we have open carry) VS NYC were guns are flatout outlawed, to the gun related crime rate. I'm betting bling 4to1 odds NYC is greater. Why? Because you'd be a fool to use a gun where every citizen is either packing or has the right to carry. In your adopted city, only 'outlaws' are packing. How to fix? Allow open carry.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:01 AM   #9
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
you'd be a fool to use a gun where every citizen is either packing or has the right to carry.
And there is the problem. It's the well-armed fools that cause the tragedies.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:18 AM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Many states have carry concealed laws that work well. I know Kentucy has one, and the class you have to take to carry concealed is a really good gun safety and responsibility class. On the other hand, all handguns are illegal in chicago and our death by handguns goes up every year. Responsible ownership is the way to go.