Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-14-2001, 12:35 PM   #1
mitsos

I wanted to create a topic about what you hate most in this game. Please feel free to express your feelings.

What I didn't (and don't) like in this game is the fact that it can never be completed. You 'll always be able to change your tactics, your characters, your alignments, your spells, everything. To say that you have exhausted yhe game is impossible. There will always be smt else to do.

Old 10-14-2001, 12:44 PM   #2
Debaser

you DON'T like that about the game? i have to say i kind of love it. but then again, the effect it's had on my social life could probably be seen as negative, so i can feel a little loathing for it in that respect.

the one major flaw, and i've said this before, that BG2 has is the lack of customization options in terms of character appearance and the paper dolls. being able to choose if your guy has a beard, or no beard, and stuff like that would add an essential dimension to the game. having a wider choice of robes, armor styles, faces, builds....stuff like that would make the game infinitely replayable (and i would be a hermit for another few years.) and it's just unacceptable that a female gnome has a beard and looks like a male one in the paper doll and onscreen...(s)he's BALD, for christs sake.

Old 10-14-2001, 03:21 PM   #3
Tyrion
Quintesson

I dislike that there are not as many NPC's like in BG1

------------------
"No!" shreiked Tyrion. Though the sword felt heavy as a fallen tree he lifted it. He saw the deamon look up, astonished. He brought down the blade with the awesome majestic power of a falling thunderbolt. The burning blade caught the deamon right in the centre of its forehead. The deamon's head fell apart under the force of the impact. The deamon N'kari sank to its knees, dead.

-Tyrion at the battle of the Blighted Isle.

Sympathies to the innocent in US. AND Afganistan
Old 10-14-2001, 03:27 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

things i dislike about baldurs gate 2:

it ends.
there is not enough NPCs, can we make new ones?
it ends.
the AI stinks. you can subject a dragon to cloudkill and it will not move. etc.
it ends.
its not customisable enough.
it ends.
theres no competitive multi-player (im currently in a debate about whether mages beat fighters - they dont. protection from magic scroll)
it ends.
Liches are not hard enough.
it ends.
its a bit unstable.
it ends.
its 2d.
it ends.
aeries wings got amputated and since she cant get them back shes never gonna stop whining.
and above all it ends.
Old 10-14-2001, 03:32 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

I'm playing a cleric at the moment and there's a bug with the Sensate Amulet. It restores hit points every time you take it off/put it on. Not an altogether unwelcome bug, just somewhat annoying

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-14-2001, 03:34 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Debaser:
And it's just unacceptable that a female gnome has a beard.
Female gnomes and dwarves have beards, it's not a fault from the programmers side.

Old 10-14-2001, 03:43 PM   #7
StarVid
Elminster

I didn't like that I saw too many inconsistencies in the storyline. They tried to make the game non-linear, but in a way it was. It wasn't designed for evil parties, but at the same time, you could kind of had played any class, but then again, not really.

I've posted on this before, but considering what you learn in the prologue in the prison, you had been adventuring with Khalid, Jah, Minsc, Dyn, and Imoen since BG1. What is this party missing? A cleric. Granted, you didn't -need- one on BG2, but you kinda did for a more well rounded party. The only thing was that Clerics got the shaft in BG1. The spell selection was horrible. All I really ever used was animate dead, silence, hold person, dispel magic, and healing. Meanwhile, the mages had fireballs, acid arrows, invisibility, web, horror, magic missle, friends, and so on and so on. If some of the nice spells that they added in BG2 were in BG1, a cleric would have been a better character to play.

But getting back to the point, I thought that while they tried to be non-linear with the storyline, it ended up being linear in a broken kind of way.
Old 10-14-2001, 03:44 PM   #8
ReGiN

The worst thing is that you can't just start a new character, check out how it seems in city environment, try a few items, and then (after 30 sec) just say "naaaah" and make another one....like in BG1..
In BG2 you have to listen to that wimp Irenicus bladdering about how "the pain will only be passing", for 2 minutes, and then you have to play through the whole damn dungeon before you get to the shops and everything else in the city...
Well that's pretty bad...at least I think so

......don't you just LOVE that one!!

Old 10-14-2001, 03:44 PM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Jaheira is a Fighter/Druid, she could have been the party's healer.
Old 10-14-2001, 03:48 PM   #10
StarVid
Elminster

she could be a healer, but she didn't have silence/miscast magic/animate dead/hold person. The clerics had it pretty bad in BG1, but the druids had it worse. I didn't even know what to have her memorize for spells in level 2 only because they all kinda sucked and didn't fit into any of my strategies.