Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 10:09 PM   #91
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Shade looks toward Liliara, and smirks. "No, I feel you must be mistaken. This blade was crafted for me by someone. It is called Chaotic Cleaver. It gives me the advantage when dealing with Lawful beings." When he's done explaining the history behind his Short Sword, Shade pulls out a Dagger. "Now this you might have seen before, this is a Dagger of Venom. I use this with Mages and other worthless adversaries." Shade points out the fact that the Dagger is enchanted with a magical poison, hence the name of the Dagger.
Old 09-07-2001, 11:50 PM   #92
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Liliara frowns at the dagger in Shade's hand. "I am not interested in a dagger!" She quickly steals a glance around the room. Although her well muscled physique is obviously that of a human fighter, her elven features are just as clear. She lowers her voice with the next sentence. " I am in search of an enchanted adamantite sword. The hilt carved of a single silver dragon scale, an onxy star set in a ruby which encompasses the width of the hilt at the bottom..." her words trail off, her eyes set in a faraway gaze as she remembers the runes of a forgotten language which covered the entire length of the blade. The portrait engraved in her memory feeding the details.

"Have you seen a sword such as this in your travels assasin?"

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 11:56 PM   #93
Nanobyte

The Assassin smirks. "Perhaps I have, but information comes at a price. What say you?" As Shade waits for an answer, he places his Dagger within his Studded Leather, concealing it with the black interior. When he is finished, he glances back up to Liliara.
Old 09-08-2001, 12:06 AM   #94
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

The fighter, all too familiar with this ploy and having received worthless tales of no consequence, replies politely, yet seriously "Perhaps after you have given the information we could discuss the worth."

------------------
Old 09-08-2001, 12:13 AM   #95
Nanobyte

The Elf's face drops from a smirk to a frown. "If I give you the information before payment, I will require double the original salary. If you are wise, you will accept my proposition. I have been to many lands throughout my lifetime, and seen many things, the information I hold may be vital to your quest. If this sword is of great importance, as you make it to be, then a petty coin is nothing to compare.. I stand at 5 platinum, or if you must, 45 gold pieces."
Old 09-08-2001, 12:25 AM   #96
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Lilliara removes ten platinum pieces and and places them on the table in front of the elf without removing her hand from them. She looks steadily into his eyes "I am not afraid to pay for any USEFUL information. Speak your tale."

------------------
Old 09-08-2001, 12:45 AM   #97
Nanobyte

Before commencing, Shade removes a scroll from his backpack, and places it upon the table. "This, my friend, is directions to a Mage's Tower. Do not ask how I came upon them, for they have fallen upon me, and now you, for a reason. A few years ago, while I was *investigating* a crazed Mage's whereabouts, I came across a sword that closely resembles the one you described to me. I might also mention, that this sword is part of a set. It comes with a book, containing ancient runes of the Sea Elves. This is a major artifact, and I must warn you that finding it is by chance. How the sword and book fell into the possession of this Mage, I do not know, but what I tell you is that you must wait for the 5th day of the setting of the 5th moon of Ryaink. Before coming to the Tower, you will come across a small town by the name of Tyrsville. Stop there, and look for the 'Dragon Master'. The Mage's Tower is high above the clouds, and only the wings of a mighty Dragon will get you there. At this, I will take these platinum as a down payment, and will expect a few trinkets found in the Mage's Tower.
Old 09-08-2001, 01:08 AM   #98
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

The half elf removes her gauntlet from the platinum and takes the scroll. "These trinkets, is there something in particular you are after or are you simply looking for objects of worth?" She places the scroll in her bag of holding and looks back at Shade. "Just curious."

She looks over the map to authenticate it and seems pleased. "I'm not one to plunder, but I shall bring you a reward, if of course we meet again."

------------------

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 09-08-2001).]
Old 09-08-2001, 09:18 AM   #99
Lord Shield

OOC: I'm assuming Shade is fro mthis world

Fortuna strides over. "If you hope to find such a weapon here it is more likely in the clutches of Lord Sword's minions"

Skye: No worries - although I think the only reason Skye hasn't caught her tongue in a pod racer is because I haven't used one yet ~cheeky grin~ - actually you've given me a nasty idea for future bar threads - I was wondering what to do after my Star Trek names

The robots withdraw. The Tarrasque responds to a hidden signal and bundles off as well (accidentally stepping on Lord Flash on the way)

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 09-08-2001, 09:21 AM   #100
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

is this the main chat off BG2 SoF ?