Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-15-2001, 05:55 AM   #11
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

If you want to know whether you can backstab with a particular weapon, just equip it and try to backstab. You'll get a message saying "cannot backstab with equipped weapon" or words to that efect.
I found this out over the weekend with Imoen, with staff of magi, was invisible and whacked a monster.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 08-15-2001, 01:03 PM   #12
mentos freshmaker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would have, but I wanted to know, for purposes of character creation, before I got to the point in the game where my character actually had backstab abilities, so I wouldn't have to start over again should I have screwed up and assigned my character contradictory skills in backstabbing and a weapon with which you can't backstab. This is my first time through BG2.

In case anyone's wondering, I did go with five stars in katana and one star in two-handed style. I seem to be enjoying the character thus far. Thanks for the advice, everyone!