Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker

Old 03-23-2002, 07:00 PM   #1
Harri Polsa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A DC conversion of my UA design 'Fury' is now available for download. I'd say it's about 95 percent complete, there are few pictures missing that I would've liked to have, but I can't seem to find suitable pictures, I decided to go without them.
Those who know the UA version are familiar with the design, it's a very faithful conversion with some parts changed better to my liking.
Those who don't know... well, it's another thing. I'll put it this way: if you're looking for a traditional GoldBox style CRPG with combat and fantasy setting, don't bother with this one. Like one reviewer wrote, Fury makes my other designs look like traditional GoldBox style designs. Unfortunately, it is a continuation, storywise, from GPCP (another UA design of mine) so the story might not open for those who have not played GPCP first. There is a small synopsis to help those who haven't played or have forgotten the events in that story. Oh and one more thing... it has some 'adult' themes, so those who don't like that stuff, be warned. You can avoid some of it by making the proper choices, but you can't avoid all of it.

Those interested can go to:
http://www.dungeoncraft.dns2go.com/fury.html

It's about 25 MBs, comes in multiple archives and is self-extracting.
Harri Polsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 06:16 AM   #2
Rami Sihvo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thats really nice! Are you planning to convert GPCP too in some point? Quite large game though i hope you didn´t give up to MP3s?
Old 04-06-2002, 03:21 AM   #3
Harri Polsa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Converting GPCP is something I'd really like to do at some point, since I'd love to see some of those locations done with DC's graphics. Since the original design has quite an amount of combat I haven't yet had any serious thought about the conversion. But... when creating Fury I also put aside the colored versions of the more complex wall art, to be used in the possible GPCP conversion. The fact that GPCP is one of the largest games ever created for UA hasn't really crossed my mind yet... so it may be an overwhelming task. But at least I could combine it into one single design now.
The size of my designs usually comes from graphics, not mp3s. Fury has some larger mp3s, it contains a couple of songs and ambient noises that I couldn't do in midi. But usually I try to keep the sizes to minimum. I actually resampled some of the larger mp3s just before release to make them a little bit smaller. I guarantee here personally, that you're not downloading mere mp3s when downloading any of my designs...

HtP
Old 04-06-2002, 09:50 AM   #4
foody
Manshoon

OUCH that hurts.....!!
I would like to thank you man sooooooooooooooooooooo much for creating the best maker in my life. IT KICK ASS!! * HUGS * Thank you soo much, thank you so much ^____^*.<p>I can hardly wait to see this program support onlining. Heheheh, imagine if online is supported ^^*.
foody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 04:06 PM   #5
Harri Polsa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, if it helps, I can say that I wasn't thinking of your design specifically at that point... Though as an afterthought, that's probably where the thought came.
By the way, I noticed you used some (rather sizey) mp3s of a few classical tunes, like Bach's Toccata and Fugue in Dm. I'm sure it would be a rather trivial matter finding (from decent to good sounding) midis of these compositions. So, if you are thinking about two different releases, like one with all the music and the stripped version, you could use midis in that 'stripped' version of the design.

HtP
Old 04-06-2002, 04:38 PM   #6
foody
Manshoon

1st let me point out that my design is not a mere mp3, ok...so I hope this cleared things out.

2nd my design is not even 0.00000001% complete so the mere fact that I have only 3 maps it only justify it so. Besides these three maps toke intensive work from my part since they are intensive events and so forth put into it. So there are spelling/grammar errors, I am only human you know and English is my second language. Thank god I have Sslaxx to help me with that department.

As for the stripped version I have no intension replacing the mp3 with midi, we all have our quirks and this is mine. If the player wishes to listen to music’s in my game they have downloaded the files. Now I heard another positive feed back from a person at http://www.crypticdesigns.com and he said, “Your game is stupid!” You know because of the entire positive feed back I am getting from you people it only pushes me further to make the game the way I like it. Now if it means I am wasting time and wasting server space, so be it.

Yours truly,
Fahed Al Daye
I would like to thank you man sooooooooooooooooooooo much for creating the best maker in my life. IT KICK ASS!! * HUGS * Thank you soo much, thank you so much ^____^*.<p>I can hardly wait to see this program support onlining. Heheheh, imagine if online is supported ^^*.
Old 04-07-2002, 06:46 AM   #7
Sslaxx
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by foody:
1st let me point out that my design is not a mere mp3, ok...so I hope this cleared things out.

2nd my design is not even 0.00000001% complete so the mere fact that I have only 3 maps it only justify it so. Besides these three maps toke intensive work from my part since they are intensive events and so forth put into it. So there are spelling/grammar errors, I am only human you know and English is my second language. Thank god I have Sslaxx to help me with that department.

As for the stripped version I have no intension replacing the mp3 with midi, we all have our quirks and this is mine. If the player wishes to listen to music’s in my game they have downloaded the files. Now I heard another positive feed back from a person at http://www.crypticdesigns.com and he said, "Your game is stupid!" You know because of the entire positive feed back I am getting from you people it only pushes me further to make the game the way I like it. Now if it means I am wasting time and wasting server space, so be it.

Yours truly,
Fahed Al Daye
Pity that the idiots are trying to get at you, Foody. Keep perservering!

My god, Konqueror 2.2 is SO SLOW in forms like this!
Old 04-07-2002, 10:14 AM   #8
foody
Manshoon

Thank you Sslaxx for the kind words. You are truly a good person [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2002, 05:07 AM   #9
Harri Polsa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"I am only human you know and English is my second language"

I know you're only human, but you're not the only one here who is not a native english speaker. I personally don't care too much about grammar (in other people's games) as long as I can follow what is being said.

"As for the stripped version I have no intension replacing the mp3 with midi, we all have our quirks and this is mine Now if it means I am wasting time and wasting server space, so be it."

You did want me as a playtester... just doing my job here. Did I mention, that when/if I playtest for people, I'm not just looking for bugs and stuff. I will point out every single detail about that game that I feel is 'wrong' to me. You are free to ignore my suggestions of course...
By the way... I suggest you try to get some other playtesters as well (if you haven't already). The fact is, if your design size goes into three digits MBwise, I'm not sure if I'm going to download it. It's nothing against your design in itself... But I am using a modem connection and I pay per minute, so downloading a file of that size is going to take a lot of time (many hours, in fact).

HtP
Old 04-08-2002, 08:02 AM   #10
foody
Manshoon

You don't have to download the musics, just download the design. The design itself is no more then (* plays with fingers*) 250 KB...will..hmm...no 870 KB in total or something like that * gives a smile *. The design is going to include levels, jpgs and wav. The wav is going to be small so really that shouldn't be any problem. You are my beta testers still and will always be.

I am only frustrated where people judge something without trying it. He said my game is stupid by simply seeing the screenshot on the webpage...not even trying the damn thing, that what ticks me off.