Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-23-2000, 12:45 AM   #1
Vampire

The easiest way is also the way of the chicken. Take one of your thieves, set a lot of traps as close to the dragon as possible, sleep, repeat, sleep, repeat etc. Then talk to him, and watch as the traps kill him. If you didn't kill him, then reload and make more traps.
Old 10-23-2000, 05:16 AM   #2
Clarissa

hiya all...
anyone sucessfully killed the RED and how did ya do it eh?

Thanx in advance
Clar

Old 10-23-2000, 05:20 AM   #3
EdwardBlackadder

web, stinking cloud, cloudkill, deathfog.
Get into the area but not where he can see you, but far enough in you can cast the spells and he will be included in their area. I burned two wands of cloudkill doing it. I put the web part in just in case.

Old 10-23-2000, 05:23 AM   #4
Clarissa

okie!
thanx a lot!! )

Old 10-23-2000, 05:23 PM   #5
jools

If you can cast feeblemind on the dragon its a breeze. He'll just sit there. For fun I had a mage kill him with a dagger. took a while though.

Old 10-24-2000, 02:58 PM   #6
Fastfist

The easiest way i did it was to have a cleric cast magic resistance on the dragon (i've killed the shadow and red dragon so far). The cleric magic resistance spell lowers the dragons resistance to about 20% or so. Then blast away with spells

Old 10-24-2000, 08:20 PM   #7
Mendal_10

I have finnished the game now, these dragons to me weren't all that hard, hehe although i did up to chapter 5 or 6 before going back and killing Firkrag and the shadow dragon... i found after going back the easiest ways to kill them r summon alot of critters place them around the dragon, put ya spellcasters around the dragon but away enough, and your mellees behind the summoned then get a cleric to cast magic resistance which actually lowers the resistances to 20%, then get a mage to cast lower resistance and then Greater Malaise, which effectivly lowers the resistance to practially nothing, by then its agro'd and the summoned r at it, then get ya mellees in, and hit with all ya offensive type spells, i liked using

alot of magic missles, and after the lower'd resistances spells it works wonders, didn't take logn for these guys to die.

i stuffed up tho, the dragon in the underdark i did her quest for her, then went away killed the other 2 dragons and went back to go for her but she wasn't in her lair, so i dunno what loot she has, starting game again to kill her lol..

my easiest dragon fight was the one in the last chapter vs the dragon Irenicus brings in thats to the left of the elven city.

hey does anyone know what the dragon scales r for, i imagine some armour type, but i never got around to going to cromwell to see if they were... ay help would be appreciated

Old 10-24-2000, 08:36 PM   #8
Clarissa

thanx all!

I just used the cloudkill trick )))))))))))))))))))))

Old 10-24-2000, 09:03 PM   #9
Antimoon

well u can kill him without magic , first just let one of your characters talk to him , do this several times every (ones /5 sec) and during this time let your other characters hit him, i think this its a bug, because he doesnt even get hostile, this way u could kill him very easy and fast...