Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

I can't seem to figure out how to either defeat it, or spill blood on it.

I consulted a walkthru, and it told me to talk to the genie on the first floor. Unfortunately, I killed him.

Any help is useful, TIA

EDIT: I haven't messed around in the "Battle Arena" thing yet. Maybe a clue will reveal itself there.

[ 02-04-2007, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Klorox ]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

Have you talked to Nickademus?

Edit: it may be that you cannot complete the quest if you killed the Marid before finding out the demon's name. I can't remember if Nickademus knows its name or not, but he might. I don't believe the quest is critical to advancing in the game, so you could "regain" some of that missed XP by killing the Abishai.

And let this be a lesson to you to talk before you slaughter NPCs.

[ 02-05-2007, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: Aerich ]
Old 02-05-2007, 03:12 AM   #3
Luther
Manshoon

It is necessary to expel the demon from the altar so that the glacier itself may be destroyed (the demon regenerates the glacial ice).
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
Aerich
Lord Ao

Right. Anyway, I remembered that you do not need the demon's real name to get rid of it.

Hint: do everything else first (although you do not need to complete Battle Squares).