Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2002, 02:56 AM   #1
alvaro_champras
Welcomed New User

HI,im TOTALY new to the wizardry games,this is the party im gonna make ,please help me if you think of a better one :

dracon fighter
elven bishop
fairy ninja ( opinions here please),Or fairy bard and them make her a ninja later .
felpurrs OR Hobbits OR mook bard ( help here)
mook ranger
felpuur samurai
Gadgetter ,do i REALLY need him ? because people said that for a newbie is VERY difficult to use !
Also people are telling me to make a fairy bard,and them when music is at 100 ,to make her a ninja,shes gonna use the bards musics and them get the canopus artifact.( help here too)
alvaro_champras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 11:31 AM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Hi - well whatever you choose it's a great game and you'll enjoy it. Here is my 2 cents on the proposed party. I like the fighter (I like lizardmen over dracons but either is fine), bishop, ranger and samurai choices. For the Bard I think any of those races is a good choice - a Bard can be your dedicated "speed" character (you'll find an instrument that casn haste the party), so if you take a Felpurr and max speed first, that one character can be the only one you use speed points on if you have him cast speed at the start of combats.

I like Gadgeteers alot - but no character is really necessary in this game. They are weaker at the start of the game but great by the end; maybe a little hard to use because they have to make gadgets, but if you want one I would say to go for it, they are fun and alot of items are only usable by them.

I think for a new player the faerie bard to ninja will be the hardest to develop, plus since you already have a bard I wouldn't make two of them. Faeries aren't the greatest bards as they can't carry alot of items and bards need to carry instruments in their inventory to use them. You might want to go with a pure faerie ninja, they are amazing in melee with the CoC, plus you'll build stealth and critical strike from the beginning, and have alchemy too. If you do go with a bard to ninja though, you also have to look at level before you switch - even with a 100 music there are bard level requirements to play certain instruments, so you have to be at least 18th to be able to use all the ones in the game.

But overall go with characters you like from a role playing point of view as pretty much any party can finish the game.
Old 05-27-2002, 05:03 PM   #3
otter
Elminster

Yah, i've come to prefer keeping the Faerie as a Ninja with no class changes, the development is good, esp. with mixing potions for profit and skill points.
Having both Bard and Gad is kinda redundant, and I like Hobbit Bard myself, they start out with a good balance of stats, and you get 40 points to put in Speed, Dex, Vit and Str. They get special armor and weapons, too, and an instrument fairly early in the game that lets them practise Music without combat.
That leaves one character, i'd make another Bishop; you can have two magic powerhouses, not at L1, maybe, but by L8 they can practise themselves up to max in all four School skills, and have massive mana pools. Turn one into a Ranger or Val at L8, you have to plan for this, my idea is to start with a Hobbit; the have enough Str & Vit (etc.) that you can make them qualify. (i don't add any Pi to this one, i add Str & Vit). This way, they can keep learning one School of magic, and have a bigger mana pool, having learned all the L 1-4 spells. Then keep working the other one as a Bish, get all 101 spells!

[ 05-27-2002, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: otter ]
otter is offline   Reply With Quote