Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2004, 06:22 PM   #1
Firetoad
Dungeon Master

I have a few questions.....

Is the sling considered a throwing weapon?
How are the attack rolls and damage calculated for throwing axes?
Are throwing weapons calulated with strength or dexterity?
Does Weapon Finesse have an effect on throwing weapons?
And finally...
Do Point Blank Shot and Rapid Shot affect all ranged weapons and throwing weapons. (I know rapid shot doesn't affect crossbows)

Thanks to anyone who could help.
I have just the regular NWN and would to know if it is feasible to play a halfling rogue/fighter who uses nothing but throwing axes. Or would a sling or bow be a better choice?
Firetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 10:33 PM   #2
Riceball
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the sling is considered a missile weapon like the bow and crossbow since it uses ammunition. Don't know whether dex or strenght affects thrown/missile weapons.

As for creating a character using either a sling or throwing axes, I'd go with the sling. Reason being is that ammo for slings are cheap and plentiful plus you can buy magic slings (I think). The main thing is that with throwing axes will end up costing you a lot having to constantly buy axes plus I think they'll way a lot more than sling bullets will.
Riceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:43 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It's considered a ranged weapon, the bullet or shuriken would be throwing. Throwing and ranged weapons are calculated on dex so yes, the sling is. Weapon finesse only affects the weapons mentioned in the feat description so no, it won't work with the sling. Point blank should work with the sling.

Halflings get a natural bonus to throwing weapons only so stick with them. For a bowman go with elf so you can use the longbow for max dmg.

Welcome to the forums guys [img]smile.gif[/img] .