Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-06-2001, 11:02 AM   #1
Satts
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quick question for ya's
Currently doing skull castle adn i've cleared the place out except for one door in the vault room. I remember the first time around there was a vampire inside that you could actually blast away with Lightning spells through the crack in the door without opening it. Not that thats a big deal, as I can easily kill anything inside hand to hand (love my assassins ! Thx Wyv! ) At any rate, there is a stone face which acts as the lock for the door, i cant for the life of me remember what item was needed, or where it was found to access that room. Anyone know off hand what the item is and if it was in the vault room itself or some other part of the castle. I dont need explicit directions, just a basic area of the castle would be great. Spent a couple areas thoroughly searching the vault area and have come up dry. I'll prolly just head over the the ol' lichie and get the staff, then its off to put thoes poor nympho vampies out of thier misery

Once again, thanks fer the assist

[This message has been edited by Satts (edited 05-06-2001).]
Satts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 11:08 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Use the Lich's staff on the stone face - that will open the door!

(how strange)

(everyone thinks of using a staff on a stone face, don't they?)

LOL!!

Glad you like your assassin!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 01:02 PM   #3
Satts
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ahh, ok
Nope, cant say I would have tried useing the staff right away
Just went in there but it looks like I fergot to enact the quest before I left town Ahh well, easy enough to head back over there and take Ma out.

Speaking of vampires, shame theres no cure for it. Not likeing my character as one at all. Although theres always a fresh supply of blood around if you use yer noodle, it always seems like im at about 25% health before a "big" fight..live and learn I guess
Old 05-06-2001, 01:21 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah, the only cure is to restore.

Folks say being a vamp is a little better if you are running the patch and have the vamp ring, but generally the designers didn't make it worth while.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 01:40 PM   #5
Satts
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hrmm, Vamp ring eh? Cant say ive come across one of thoes yet. Would be great if it offsets the Bloodlust where I keep degenerateing. And talk about a tough fight, I tried takeing on the lich jst for s-n-giggles and Wow! My guys are no slouches, but he wipes out hall my party with thoes Death spells in short order. Although I was a little cocky about it and only threw up a bless spell before hand. I'd like to see him try that with Merlins Shield up When I do finally get in, hes got an awsome AC as well as the Shadow Step manuver he pulls ever time you hit him. Of course, Cet had to come and interfere with my playtime or I think he might have actually wiped out my party, and that hasnt happened since thoes blasted little slimes puked on me in the Crypt!