Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2004, 09:42 PM   #1
MuffinGirl
Dungeon Master

After I defeated Spellhold Saemon showed up and told me to go get the horn of the Pirate King. Well I got it from his girlfriend and i'm supposed to meet him at the docks. WEll after killing the slavers I went to where he was last time I played but he's not there! I've even stood there and rested over and over and over and over. But he still isn't there. Help?
Old 09-23-2004, 11:13 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Don't meet him at his old ship. He was going to get a "new boat" Try some of the other ships in the harbour.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:38 PM   #3
MuffinGirl
Dungeon Master

I did I looked all over the Harbor. He's just not there. I played this before and have had to start over. He was in front of the Pirate Captain's ship. I've been resting, walking around town looking for h im and then resting again. So frustrating.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:42 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

What time of the day/night are you meeting him. IIRC you have to meet him at night time.

If that doesn't work maybe one of the other knowledgeable board members can help you CLUA him in.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:41 AM   #5
MuffinGirl
Dungeon Master

Night Time?

Ok will try that.

BTW CLUA? Huh?
Old 09-24-2004, 05:58 AM   #6
Jorsh
Dungeon Master

I thought you met him back at the Vulgar Monkey.
Jorsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 07:24 AM   #7
MuffinGirl
Dungeon Master

Nope went there. Went all through the town at night time or day time. I don;t want to take the portal cause then I miss the fish guys city stuff.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:44 AM   #8
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] It must be a bug. Try reloading from a earlier stage. And CLUA is cheating.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:01 AM   #9
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

If it's a bug, then CLUA wouldn't be cheating (IMHO, of course). MuffinGirl, the CLUA Console is the debugging tool used by the developers. It's still accessible in your game if you make the appropriate modifications. It can be used to check for the status of global variables (such as the progress of your romance) or to warp in certain items, creatures, and people. Although there are those out there that understand and use the CLUAConsole extensively, it can be very tricky to operate if you aren't used to it. I usually avoid CLUA unless I really really need to. A search for CLUA will provide you with all you ever wanted to know and more...

By the way, did you look all the way at the end of the docks past the captain's ship? In my recollection, he's always been a little tricky to find, especially if you send your characters straight up to the ship.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:53 AM   #10
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

Can you try reloading from shortly before this happened, and play through the girlfriend/slavers parts again? If you got a saved game this shouldn't take too long.

If it absolutely doesn't work, you can do the CLUA method and avoid starting over. I'll find the CLUA code for Saemon for you, after you figure out how to turn on the CLUA function by searching the forum- if you choose to go this route.