Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/03/24...eut/index.html

This news article says that certain women who have taken anti-depressants have suffered unprovoked sexual stimulation, usually when least desired such as out in public or on the job, whatever...and that some women are even thinking of suicide because of it! Can you imagine what it would be like to just have a big O at Christmas dinner where the whole family is there, and you have to go dry yourself up?

Another story that my wife told me about yesterday that she learned at work at the Health Department (in an internal news briefing) is that there are cases being seen of people who take Lunesta...a sleeping drug...that are having what is called Sleep Eating. They actually get up and sleepwalk to the kitchen in the middle of the night and eat...and it has been video-recorded that one woman operated a stove and made an entire meal for herself...another woman gained 100 lbs...and the big news is that they did not know why they were getting fat! They had no idea that they were sleepwalking and eating. For some reason, this drug has just caused people to be hungry and go eat.

[ 03-24-2006, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-24-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

According to the article it's arousal, not stimulation, a slightly better embarrassing example would be asking her hubby for "help in the kitchen" and tackling him on the kitchen floor.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

you'd enjoy that too much, nathan
Old 03-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #4
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

It's also true that women are prescribed far more anti-depressants than men. The problem is, diagnosing mental problems is, in most cases, far from objective. A man who exhibits dark moods and whatnot is "weird" in our society, whereas a woman needs a pill. It's one of those things where unconscious societal precepts affect diagnostics. Another example is, what might be quirky or absolutely irrelevant in another society can be seen as a deep psychosis in ours. Psychology is pretty murky, and can get freaky when powerful drugs are involved.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

This is doubly weird because many people, both male and female, report a dramatic decrease in libido when taking antidepressants, especially serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

It is well-known that the drug clomipramine can induce orgasmic response when the patient yawns. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

The results were mentioned as occuring after the patient stops taking the drugs, which is understandable, with a lack of chemical suppression on the libido I'm surprised a complete flip isn't more common.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:05 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Cool !
Old 03-25-2006, 04:15 AM   #8
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
It's also true that women are prescribed far more anti-depressants than men. The problem is, diagnosing mental problems is, in most cases, far from objective. A man who exhibits dark moods and whatnot is "weird" in our society, whereas a woman needs a pill. It's one of those things where unconscious societal precepts affect diagnostics. Another example is, what might be quirky or absolutely irrelevant in another society can be seen as a deep psychosis in ours. Psychology is pretty murky, and can get freaky when powerful drugs are involved.
That's all well and true, but I think we can explain this in a simpler fashion... There are more women in therapy than men. Again, this is because of society... Women are allowed to express their emotions and seek help, whereas men need to, you know, be men about it.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote