Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2001, 04:37 PM   #1
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey there,

I am playing a second time through with Spawn turned to often. I have noticed that the fish tend to be a bit different this time around. The Lagoon and Moat Pirhanas are coming out of the water to attack me. I have ahd them on the raft, the boat, the ground... one even made it onto the horse.

I kill the land going fish quickly hoping that this mutation will not spread.

Also, this time around I did not Go Toad. They stayed out of my way. So, the Toads, Herespia, and Scanthril have all survived.

Good luck!
meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 04:57 PM   #2
gregger
Dungeon Master

Do you mean that we can kill Herespia, Gypsies, Toad, and Scanthril without ketting in trouble with the game?

------------------
Apprentice2All
gregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 05:25 PM   #3
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, there are some penalties but nothing really serious...

Like with Scanthril, I killed him before I even knew that he was necessary to become an assassin so I played without one.

Herespia wouldn't give me the Orb even though I had given her the serpent wand.

And with the Toads there was this one %$#@ing toad that would not get out of the way. I could not go around him even with a pixie. I could not push him out of the way and when I said goodbye he just stayed there. So I killed him. You can still finish the Toadem quest and the Warrior guild doesn't care that you killed them all. Even Mekdawa is clueless (in more ways than one, really).

Old 03-09-2001, 05:48 PM   #4
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Meow, welcome back! I remember seeing you. I have been delaying the finish of the game because I hate to see it end. I am in the Collasium right now. How does it feel the second time around? I look forward to playing again with just one or two characters I think. How do you like the new forum? See you around, Mammawlin

------------------
mammaw's know all, see all, tell nothing
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 05:56 PM   #5
UncleJoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Meow, I recognize your name from the other board, too. Welcome back. Interested in your comments 'cause I'm thinking of playing again. If and when I EVER finsh this first time. And hey, I've got a wiska named M'Owrri. Are you two related??? (OK, don't answer that.)

[This message has been edited by UncleJoe (edited 03-09-2001).]
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 07:27 PM   #6
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Joe

I don't know if I am related to your Whiska...

On a naming note I could not think of a name for my Omphaz so I named her Pachy (for Pachiderm).

Joe & Mal,

The second time through runs much faster but it does allow you to try out some new things (Warriors path instead of Wizards in the crypt; being a Tinker instead of a Plund'r; not nuking every difficult yet friendly NPC that gets in your way.) I am enjoying it. I would suggest putting Spawn to high if you do not have it there in your first game. Adds some suspense.

Meow
Old 03-10-2001, 12:20 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome back Meow!

As a matter of course, I have always played with Difficulty on "high" and spawn on "frequent". The only irritation I've ever had with it are the bats and the fish. Otherwise, it's a great way to rack up XP legally without resorting to NPC carnage.

The most hilarious time I ever had with it was right outside the burnt-out house, when I was set upon by (if I can remember): 5 worgur mongrels, 3 worgur mastiffs, 4 mountain spiders, 6 Rattkin Blacklegs, and 3 swampflies (and a partridge in a pear tree!) All at one time. I was laughing so hard, I had to pause the game. My solution was to turn my characters around, cast "Flaming F**t" (my pet name for "Circle of Fire") on them, and watch the monsters go to toast. Want to know what the simultaneous yelping of spiders, worgurs, rattkins, and swampflies sounds like? It was a hoot!

That's what makes the game so fun.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote